Former Indian captain Rahul Dravid is known for his cool and calm personality and people have rarely seen the veteran losing his composure. Thus, the latest advertisement featuring an angry Dravid easily went viral on social media and left many people stunned. Renowned personalities including the likes of Virat Kohli were also amazed seeing the former Indian captain in a never-seen-before look and shared the advertisement on their official Twitter handle.
As the advertisement continues to make headlines, Ayappa KM, director of the viral commercial, revealed that it was entertaining to watch a legend like Rahul Dravid come out of his comfort zone and deliver a performance like that. He also reckoned that every time, Dravid screamed, he would give a reaction like why he was doing such things. As the ad became popular, fans came up with another name for ‘The Wall’ of Indian cricket, ‘Indiranagar ka Gunda’.
“Every time Rahul Dravid would scream, every single time he screamed, he would cover his forehead with his hands. Like ‘What am I doing? Why am I doing this?’ A guy out of his comfort zone… That was so entertaining to watch,” Ayappa KM said as quoted by Indian Express.
“I think the biggest victory here is that Rahul Dravid looks like a seasoned actor. Let’s be honest, he is known for his cricketing skills much more than his acting skills. So it was very nice to see the feedback, that somewhere we’ve communicated the dark side of Rahul Dravid that doesn’t even exist!” Ayappa added.
Rahul Dravid is one of the nicest, politest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting: Tanmay Bhat
The writer of the commercial, Tanmay Bhat also took to his official Twitter handle to speak about his experience of working with the legendary cricketer. Tanmay lavished praises on Dravid saying that he is one of the nicest people and was really kind, warm, and helpful throughout the shooting.
“Rahul Dravid is one of the nicest, politest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. In the brief few hours, he taught me how to correct my batting stance (I do all my cardio while batting in the nets), was kind enough to share the most fascinating cricketing insights, and most pleasantly surprising was his incredible curiosity. He asked about punchlines, and delivery, and the science behind writing and directing comedy. Incredible experience. What an absolute legend,” Tanmay posted.
– and most pleasantly surprising was his incredible curiousity. He asked about punchlines, and delivery, and the science behind writing and directing comedy. Incredible experience. What an absolute legend.
— Tanmay Bhat (@thetanmay) April 9, 2021
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – The warhorse India needs the most in 2021
- Hemang Badani not pleased with Varun Chakravarthy after the spinner fails to clear fitness tests ahead of the England T20Is
- ‘Six 6s, Adelaide 36’ – Ravi Shastri shows Indian cricket’s unique connection with number 36
- ‘Let Rishabh Pant be Rishabh Pant’ – Rohit Sharma backs the left-hander to come good against England in the T20I series
- India vs England: Wasim Jaffer predicts the hosts’ probable playing eleven for first T20I