Defender Abozhar Mohajar Mighani will be the captain of Telugu Titans for this year’s Pro Kabadi League (PKL 2019). The Iranian played superbly in PKL so far. He has 122 points in 45 games.
Telugu Titans coach, Gholamreza Mazandarani believes that the new double round-robin format, as compared to the earlier splitting of the 12 teams in two groups, would make PKL 2019 more competitive.
“This is a format which gives a chance for teams lagging behind in the early part of the league to come back strongly. However, we are confident of sustaining the momentum right from the word go and are determined to win the title this time around,” said the Iranian coach. He guided his national team to the gold at the 2018 Asian Games last year.
He added that Telugu Titans has a strong balanced side. Players like Siddharth Desai, Vishal Bharadwaj have the capability to bring success for the team. He also said that the team has worked on its weaknesses during its pre-tournament preparatory camp.
Telugu Titans will begin its PKL 2019 campaign on 20 July at Hyderabad's Gachibowli Stadium against season two champion U Mumba in the opening fixture.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- IPL 2021: Top 5 batsmen with highest individual scores in IPL history
- IPL 2021: Top 5 batsmen with most fours in IPL history
- WI vs SL: 2nd ODI, Match Prediction – Who will win today’s match?
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – The warhorse India needs the most in 2021
- Hemang Badani not pleased with Varun Chakravarthy after the spinner fails to clear fitness tests ahead of the England T20Is