Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Shubman Gill, Prithvi Shaw and Navdeep Saini are in the news ever since it has been pointed out that they have possibly breached the bio-bubble protocols. The five cricketers had visited a restaurant in Melbourne on the New Year’s Day where they interacted with an Indian fan who also paid the bill for their lunch in a kind gesture.
But the fact that they dined inside the restaurant is in itself is a breach of the bubble according to many and the two boards, BCCI and Cricket Australia, are currently investigating the matter as well. According to the rules, the quintet is also placed in isolation from the rest of the squad while they can even train during this period. With all these things only a few days ahead of the third Test, there was a doubt if these players will be available to play.
However, if the reports in The Sydney Morning Herald are to be believed, all of the five players will be available for team India to play in the crucial third Test starting on January 7 at the SCG. The report also further stated that the BCCI is expected to take a pragmatic approach even if the players are found of guilty of breaching the protocols given that the three of those, Rohit, Gill and Pant, are certain starters in India’s playing XI.
Cricket Australia can’t punish the players
Meanwhile, it has also been told that the Cricket Australia is not in a position to impose any restrictions or sanctions on the players as they are not their employees. Meanwhile, the five players are also travelled with the team to Sydney on Monday while maintaining the social distance from the rest of the squad. It has also been understood that the alleged breach from the five players is considered on the low end.
As far as team India is concerned, it was business as usual for them in the nets as they worked around the logistical inconvenience of having five of their players at a distance.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- AUS vs IND, 2020-21: 4th Test, Day 5 – India’s record chase, India breaches the fortress, Pant’s record knock and more stats
- Rohit Sharma and 4 other Indian cricketers placed in isolation after potential bio-bubble breach in Melbourne
- An Indian fan pays the bill worth INR 6683 for Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Saini and Shubman Gill after spotting them in Melbourne restaurant
- India vs England 2021: 5 Indian players to watch out for in the Test series
- ‘A century would have been good for his confidence’ – Shubman Gill’s father opens up on his son’s terrific knock at Brisbane