The former Australia cricketer Cameron White has signed a one-year deal with the Adelaide Strikers for the forthcoming Big Bash League (BBL) season. He wasn’t offered a contract by Victoria recently for the upcoming domestic season and was also released by Melbourne Renegades after an underwhelming season. This deal with the Strikers will see White plying his trade for the 19th domestic season.
White endured a poor BBL in 2018-19 edition scoring only 165 runs in 11 outings at a mediocre average of 18.33. Though the Renegades won the title for the first time, White couldn’t contribute much to the team’s cause. However, with the Strikers, he can bring a lot to the table with his experience as their regular skipper Travis Head will be on national duty more often than not.
Also, Colin Ingram confirmed a fortnight ago that he won’t be joining the team for the upcoming edition. Cameron White, being the fifth highest run-getter of the BBL and after playing 234 T20 matches in his career, will hope to give his best for the Strikers.
He knows what it takes to be successful
“Cameron adds a considerable amount to our side not only with his ability, but also his understanding of the game and he knows what it takes to be in a successful team,” Adelaide’s general manager of high performance, Tim Nielsen was quoted as saying by Cricbuzz. Nielsen also realises that Travis Head will not be available with Australia playing cricket at the highest level and felt Cameron White’s experience will be extremely crucial for the team.
“In the fast-paced nature of T20 cricket, Cameron’s experience will help lead our side immensely, especially in the absence of Travis Head when he is on international duty. To have such a distinguished player of our game will only boost our side and our younger players,” he further added.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- BBL 2019-20: Colin Ingram to miss the upcoming season; doesn’t extend the contract with Adelaide Strikers
- BBL 2020-21: Adelaide Strikers batsman Jake Weatherald hilariously gets out twice on the same delivery
- Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades, Match Prediction- Who will win today’s match? BBL 2020-21, Match 33
- Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades, Match Prediction- Who will win today’s match? BBL 2020-21, Match 29
- BBL 2020-21: Rashid Khan sends back Colin Ingram with a mind-blowing balancing catch at the boundary