The latest edition of the Big Bash League (BBL) is currently in progress and the quality of cricket on display is already high with only five matches taking place so far. On the first day itself, Sydney Sixers’ Jordan Silk saved a six at the boundary with an amazing effort with many comparing it with Nicholas Pooran‘s similar heroics during the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Rashid Khan came up with another such acrobatics at the boundary during the fifth match of the season between Hobart Hurricanes and Adelaide Strikers. The Afghanistan leg-spinner took a mind-boggling catch at deep mid-wicket to dismiss Colin Ingram during the Hurricanes’ innings.
The incident took place in the 16th over of the innings when Ingram managed to smack a short ball from Peter Siddle high in the air. The timing was decent enough but the batsman couldn’t get the desired distance. It was a touch and go situation for Rashid Khan who was standing close to the boundary line. He judged it perfectly to get hold of the ball but then almost lost his balance.
However, Rashid balanced him superbly on one leg and after adjusting his position his thrice, he got rid of the ball and then caught it again coming back to the boundary.
Here’s the video:
— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 13, 2020
Hurricanes beat Strikers by 11 runs
As far as the match is concerned, the Hurricanes defeated the Strikers by 11 runs in a game which the former side dominated for the most part. D’Arcy Short slammed 72 runs off 48 balls opening the innings and propelled the Hurricanes to 174/5 after 20 overs.
The Strikers collapsed in the chase thanks to some brilliant bowling from James Faulkner and Johan Botha upfront. They were reduced to 49/6 in the ninth over but then Daniel Worrall took control of the innings and batted superbly. He stitched a 61-run stand for the 10th wicket with Danny Briggs and kept the Strikers alive in the game. Worrall slammed an unbeaten 62 off just 39 balls and reduced the margin of the defeat for the team.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- BBL 2020-21: Peter Siddle warns James Faulkner for leaving his crease before bowling; Batsman dares to run him out
- BBL 2019-20: Match 33, Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades – 9 defeats in a row for Renegades, Rashid Khan’s milestone, Strikers’ hat-trick over Renegades and more stats
- BBL 2019-20: Fixtures, Schedule, Venue, Squads, Broadcast & Live Streaming Details
- Women’s Big Bash League 2019: Match 45, Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers – Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- BBL 2019-20: Colin Ingram to miss the upcoming season; doesn’t extend the contract with Adelaide Strikers