Frank Lampard is yet to experience his first win as Chelsea manager. The blue brigade’s homecoming match in Stamford Bridge on Sunday ended in a 1-1 draw. Lampard’s side took an early lead in the first half, thanks to Mason Mount’s goal. But Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi scored the equalizer goal in the second half. Lampard received a thunderous welcome but the result of the match somewhat left the Chelsea fans disappointed.
Last week Chelsea lost by 4-0 margins to Manchester United. Lampard’s team was also beaten on penalties by Liverpool in European Super Cup on Wednesday. The Chelsea manager was desperate for a turnaround before Sunday’s match at Stamford Bridge. But it seems Lampard still has to wait sometime before he could taste success as the manager in the Club where he played for 13 years.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle