The IPL mega event is going to hit floors soon in UAE and a lot of speculations around the same are going on and on. In the same light, former Indian batsman Sanjay Manjrekar is of the opinion that Chris Lynn might not land up in playing XI of Mumbai Indians even once. The observation came owing to his dismal performance in the ongoing Caribbean Premier League.
Manjrekar and Ashish Nehra spoke on how Mumbai Indians will be concerned, seeing the indifferent form of Lynn in CPL. When Nehra was asked about Australian’s frame of mind ahead of CPL, the former pacer said that Lynn might be able to turn things in coming IPL. However, a great performance in the current league would’ve definitely boosted his confidence.
“First thing is that just because his CPL has not gone well, it is not necessary that his IPL will also not be good. But had the CPL been good, his confidence would have been high, and he would have got more opportunities,” Nehra told Star Sports.
Speaking further on how he hasn’t been able to perform in CPL, Nehra said that Lynn even struggles to face spin attacks. “We have seen in the IPL as well that when it comes to spin bowling, he has difficulties. Although he tried in the match against TKR by playing a lot of deliveries, but still could not score a lot of runs.”
MI has De Kock and Ishan Kishan: Sanjay Manjrekar
Though Nehra also feels that if given a chance, he might turn the tables. He feels when a person is associated with a good team once, he can overcome any bad phase, and the same might happen with Lynn. On the other hand, Manjrekar is of the straight opinion that the Australian might not be able to get a single match with Mumbai Indians.
“I feel Chris Lynn may not get a game for the Mumbai Indians because they have Quinton de Kock and Ishan Kishan in the team.”
The 30-year-old had a terrible run with St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in CPL 2020 by scoring just 138 runs in nine matches at a poor average of 17.25
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- PSL 2021: Shaheen Afridi bowls a soul-crushing yorker to dismiss Chris Lynn
- BBL 2020-21: Challenger – PRS vs BRH – Lynn against Scorchers, Labuschagne’s unwanted record, Bancroft completes 1000 runs and more stats
- BBL 2020-21: The Knockout, THU vs HEA – Yet another win for Heat against Thunder, A big stand Heat’s rescue and more stats
- BBL 2020-21: Match 54, HEA vs SCO – Chris Lynn’s record season, Marnus Labuschagne’s all-round show and more stats
- BBL 2020-21: Match 49, REN vs HEA – Brisbane’s double against Renegades, Steketee’s records with the ball and more stats