The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Yesterday, Mohammad Amir, the Pakistan fast bowler, announced his retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect. The decision came after his stupendous performances for the national team in the 2019 World Cup in England and Wales. His move came as a surprise to many including Wasim Akram, the legendary left arm seamer. Akram feels that Pakistan will need Amir in the Tests against Australia and England.
Leg-spinner Yasir Shah was also not happy after the southpaw bid adieu to the longer format. Shoaib Akhtar also lashed out at Amir for hanging his boots. Harbhajan Singh’s daughter Hinaya celebrated her birthday and Suresh Raina wished her on the auspicious occasion. Former South African cricketer also celebrated his birthday and the cricketing fraternity poured wishes on him. Chris Gayle was busy in some shooting activity. Ajinkya Rahane and Siddarth Kaul worked hard in the gym.
Mohammad Irfan, the Pakistan pacer, was excited to represent the Winnipeg Hawks in the second edition of the Global T20 Canada. The 14-man England squad for the first Ashes Test was announced today and Michael Vaughan couldn’t hold on to his excitement. The match gets underway on August 1 at the Edgbaston in Birmingham.
Pakistan pacer Junaid Khan alerted everyone after his social media accounts got hacked. In Sri Lanka’s first ODI versus Bangladesh at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Lasith Malinga played his final ODI. He picked up three wickets in the game, helping his team to a 91-run victory. After he bid goodbye, he was greeted with loads of praises.
1. Wasim Akram surprised by Mohammad Amir’s retirement
To me Mohammad Amir retiring from Test cricket is a bit surprising because you peak at 27-28 and Test cricket is where you are judged against the best, it’s the ultimate format. Pakistan will need him in two Tests in Australia and then three in England.
— Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) July 26, 2019
2. Suresh Raina wishes Harbhajan Singh’s daughter
Happy birthday Hinaya🎂🎂❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/0Pw9VuyiPG
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) July 27, 2019
3. Chaminda Vaas wishes Jonty Rhodes
@JontyRhodes8 Happy Birthday
— Chaminda Vaas (@chaminda_vaas) July 27, 2019
4. A saddened Yasir Shah after Amir’s retirement
Saddened by the announcement of Mohammad Amir regarding retirement from Test cricket. No doubt a legend withdraw himself from his playground @iamamirofficial
— Yasir Shah (@Shah64Y) July 27, 2019
5. Chris Gayle busy in shooting
A post shared by KingGayle 👑 (@chrisgayle333) on Jul 27, 2019 at 7:32am PDT
6. Siddarth Kaul working hard
A post shared by Siddharth Kaul (@sidkaulofficial) on Jul 27, 2019 at 7:01am PDT
7. Junaid Khan’s social media accounts hacked
Someone is trying to hack my twitter, instagram, facebook and email from Turkey. If you see any unusal activity its not from my side and do not reply to anything.. I have already informed PCB pic.twitter.com/5TTV1jktNp
— Junaid khan 83 (@JunaidkhanREAL) July 27, 2019
8. Ajinkya Rahane sweating it out
— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) July 27, 2019
9. VVS Laxman travelling
Lankawi has to be one of the most beautiful and picturesque places I visited. pic.twitter.com/lO28YeO7BU
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) July 27, 2019
10. Brian Lara with the ball-boys
Two great games so far in the @GT20Canada but my shout out is for these young men #volunteerballboys. Future Canadian #Cricket Stars!!! ✔️#future #cricket #stars #canada #globalt20 pic.twitter.com/ZphWhdBr91
— Brian Lara (@BrianLara) July 27, 2019
11. An impatient Michael Vaughan for the Ashes
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) July 27, 2019
12. Imran Khan salutes the Pakistan armed forces
I salute our armed forces personnel who continue to lay down their lives fighting terrorists to keep the nation safe. My condolences & prayers go to the families of the10 brave soldiers, including an officer, martyred fighting terrorists in North Waziristan & Balochistan today.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 27, 2019
13. Mohammad Irfan excited for GL T20 Canada
— Mohammad Irfan (@M_IrfanOfficial) July 27, 2019
14. Harbhajan wishes Jonty Rhodes
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) July 27, 2019
15. Dimuth Karunartne will miss Lasith Malinga
Legendary player with unique bowling style,hair style and smile..Thanks you for everything you've done for cricket.Last 14Years you have deserved our hears by the Yorker, you will be missed. ❤️#ThankYouMalinga pic.twitter.com/Xdp9yBn0nR
— Dimuth Karunaratne (@IamDimuth) July 27, 2019
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- After returning from army duty, MS Dhoni dons the politician role
- Suspended Mohammad Shahzad answers his critics on social media
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Americas Region Final, 2019: Match 8, Bermuda vs USA: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Americas Region Final, 2019: Match 7, Canada vs Cayman Islands: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- MS Dhoni batting higher in World Cup semis could’ve made things different, feels Virender Sehwag