The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Former Pakistan pacer expressed his concern towards the destruction that Australian bush-fires have caused in the last few days. We cannot imagine the kind of destruction happening in that part of the world and what its effects will be, tweeted Akhtar. Tabraiz Shamsi, who is known for his peculiar celebration, also raised concern toward the devastation caused by the Australian bush-fire. Many Big Bash League teams also tweeted about donating a sum of money towards the damage caused by bush-fires.
Ahead of India and Sri Lanka T20I game, many cricketers including Russel Arnold expressed their excitement towards the inaugural encounter. Former Indian pacer RP Singh also expressed his eagerness to see Jasprit Bumrah back in action against Sri Lanka. Pakistan speedster Junaid Khan shared a picture where he can be seen working out in order to improve his fitness levels.
South African speedster compared the batting stance of Rassie van der Dussen and Jacques Kallis. Steyn also shared a picture while comparing both the batsmen. BCCI also notched the hype involving Jasprit Bumrah’s return to the international stage. Bumrah, who was sidelined due to a stress fracture, will be eager to showcase his lethal spells against the Islanders. After Irfan Pathan decided to bid adieu to the game yesterday, he was showered by many retirement wishes.
Meanwhile, Indian skipper Virat Kohli- known as the modern-day great- expressed his opinion on the idea of four-day Tests. Kohli turned down the idea of endorsing four-day Tests, saying that he still prefers the traditional five-day Test format.
1. Russel Arnold expresses his excitement ahead of IND-SL T20I
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) January 5, 2020
2. Shoaib Akhtar expresses concern over bush-fires in Australia
Ecologists from the University of Sydney estimate almost half a billion mammals, birds and reptiles have died since the fires began in Australia.
We cannot imagine the kind of destruction happening in that part of the world and what its effects will be. pic.twitter.com/jLiEtXCKnl
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) January 5, 2020
3. RP Singh excited about Jasprit Bumrah’s comeback
Don't remember when was the last time Sri Lanka beat India in a series in any format. With Bumrah comeback, I think it will be a miracle if Malinga's mates can surprise India in this #INDvsSL T20 series. pic.twitter.com/lwMAWC4uI8
— R P Singh रुद्र प्रताप सिंह (@rpsingh) January 5, 2020
4. Junaid Khan shares his ‘gym selfie’ with fans
— Junaid khan 83 (@JunaidkhanREAL) January 5, 2020
5. Tom Banton lauds Brisbane Heat’s effort towards Australian bush-fires
Terrible to see Australia burning while I’m over here for the Big Bash. Really good to see the @heatbbl getting involved in raising funds for those affected. We will be donating our playing shirts from tomorrow’s game against the Thunder. LINK IN BIO🙌 https://t.co/yBC6eyVVz6 pic.twitter.com/WdAiiyuOSl
— Tom Banton (@TBanton18) January 5, 2020
6. Tabraiz Shamsi feels devastated after witnessing the wrath of Australian bush-fire
My heart goes out to Australia…such a beautiful country with lovely people
— Tabraiz Shamsi (@shamsi90) January 5, 2020
7. Dale Steyn compares Van Dussen and Jacques Kallis
— Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) January 5, 2020
8. Irfan Pathan expresses gratitude post his retirement
This @StarSportsIndia is actually like a family…Thank you @Sanjog_G for giving me the kind of send of which I didn’t thought going to happen. Shukriya to the team @kumarragini @almightyishere @arjunacho @Rnbathija @Golty for making more thn a perfect video #irfanretired
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) January 5, 2020
9. BCCI shares Jasprit Bumrah’s interview ahead of his comeback
— BCCI (@BCCI) January 4, 2020
10. Amol Muzumdar shares Virat Kohli’s views of four-day Test
Glad that someone had the guts to say this. Don’t endorse it at all. Laws of the great game have been tinkered enough. Let Test Matches be as they are. #leavealone @bcci @GautamGambhir @imVkohli pic.twitter.com/cUFY5i2S9G
— Amol Muzumdar (@amolmuzumdar11) January 5, 2020
11. Brad Hogg has a piece of advice for bowlers
Bowlers are aware of umpires checking no-balls when a wicket is taken & not calling them during general play. Happens frequently. Simple solution: bowlers don't blame the umpire, take responsibility & get behind the line. "Control the controlables" #AUSvNZ #SAvENG #cricket #ICC
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) January 5, 2020
12. Shikhar Dhawan pays tribute to Irfan Pathan after his retirement
— Shikhar Dhawan (@SDhawan25) January 5, 2020
13. Wriddhiman Saha shares his decade-old photo
— Wriddhiman Saha (@Wriddhipops) January 5, 2020
14. Russel Arnold rues about the rain being a spoilsport in IND-SL T20I
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) January 5, 2020
15. Cricket Australia shares a hilarious clip of Aleem Dar
— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) January 5, 2020
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- CricTracker Exclusive: No one should complain about the five-star prisons, says Irfan Pathan on bio-bubble fatigue
- Twitter Reactions: Clinical India breeze past Sri Lanka in Indore to go 1-0 up in the series
- Irfan Pathan hits back at Abdul Razzaq for his comments on Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah
- Twitter Reactions: Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul slam centuries to make merry of Sri Lanka in Leeds
- Jasprit Bumrah said I’m getting workload management while playing the game: Virat Kohli