Amid the stern situation of coronavirus pandemic spreading its wrath around the globe, the world is under lockdown where people are spending their time in isolation. Talking about India, amid the 21-day lockdown in the country, the confirmed cases have crossed 4000 and more than 100 deaths have been registered so far across the nation. In these testing times, every individual has been appealed to stay indoors and isolate in order to stay away from the virus.
In the outbreak of the pandemic, health workers and policemen are trying their best to maintain the environment of the society. To appreciate their efforts and to show solidarity, PM Narendra Modi had urged every citizen to exercise ‘lights-off’ activity on 5 April at 9 pm. Whole India abided by PM Narendra Modi’s appeal and lit up candles and many cricketers including KL Rahul, Sachin Tendulkar, Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul joined in the initiative.
However, a set of people started bursting firecrackers on the occasion. Such people were blasted by Harbhajan Singh and Irfan Pathan. At a time when many cricketers have contributed to aid in the battle against the pandemic, Gautam Gambhir lashed out at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal for not having enough PPE kits.
Meanwhile, KL Rahul, who has emerged as one of the most improved Indian players over the years, shared a heartfelt post of his Test debut. He stated that he still gets emotional by remembering that moment.
Pakistan’s Shaheen Afridi was also poured with birthday wishes as the pacer celebrated his 20th birthday on 6th April. Chennai Super Kings also shared a heartwarming clip where their vice-captain Suresh Raina can be seen playing cricket with kids in the house.
1. Suresh Raina plays indoor cricket
— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) April 6, 2020
2. Dhawal Kulkarni shares selfie during his quarantine time
— Dhawal Kulkarni (@dhawal_kulkarni) April 6, 2020
3. KL Rahul shares his Test debut moment
A day i’ll never forget. A day i worked endlessly for. A day that is still fresh in my memory. A day that still makes me emotional. An opportunity i’ll never take for granted 🇮🇳🙏. Miss being out on the ground and doing what I love the most🏏 #throwback #gratitudepost 284 💙 pic.twitter.com/NsQlZOxRxN
— K L Rahul (@klrahul11) April 6, 2020
4. Haris Rauf extends birthday wishes to Shaheen Afridi
Happy Birthday @iShaheenAfridi .May this day brings you more joyous moments and happiness in your life.
I hope someday, all your efforts and hard work will pay off in such a very big way.
Have a wonderful, bright, terrific and full of excitement year ahead.
Be Blessed❤️ pic.twitter.com/ToT4GtXnxH
— Haris Rauf (@HarisRauf14) April 6, 2020
5. Gautam Gambhir lashes out at CM Arvind Kejriwal
Arvind ji, first ur Deputy claims shortage of funds. Now u contradict him & say there is shortage of kits Anyway, procured 1000 PPE kits. Please let me know where they can be delivered. Time for talks is over, it is time to ACT. Eagerly waiting for ur response #DelhiNeedsHonesty https://t.co/Q4Fz4XzTDv
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) April 6, 2020
6. Shahid Afridi shares a scenic view
— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) April 6, 2020
7. Mohammad Amir lauds Pakistan police
Dear Amir, we're grateful to you for encouragement, and support for the good cause. pic.twitter.com/p8CV6gJtMZ
— Rawalpindi Police (@RwpPolice) April 6, 2020
8. Jos Buttler reminds fans to bid for his jersey
Just over a day left to bid on my Wold Cup Final shirt. Incredible support so far and going to make such a huge difference. PLZ RT https://t.co/SSNP2HUkdo
— Jos Buttler (@josbuttler) April 6, 2020
9. Yuzvendra Chahal shares a hilarious TikTok video with family
— Yuzvendra Chahal (@yuzi_chahal) April 6, 2020
10. Suryakumar Yadav requests people to stay indoors
— Surya Kumar Yadav (@surya_14kumar) April 6, 2020
11. Irfan Pathan hits back at trollers
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) April 6, 2020
12. Fakhar Zaman extends birthday wishes to Shaheen Afridi
— Fakhar Zaman (@FakharZamanLive) April 6, 2020
13. Sheldon Jackson blasts people who burst firecrackers\
Didn’t the pm say to light a candle , or did he say to burn crackers , just think about the people who lost their lives to covid19 how they must be feeling when they saw this. A little humanity goes a long way . Be human please 🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/nemhsNiuGC
— Sheldon Jackson (@ShelJackson27) April 6, 2020
14. England’s Ian Bell celebrates his anniversary
— Ian Bell (@Ian_Bell) April 6, 2020
15. Virender Sehwag shares a child’s message
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) April 6, 2020
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Harbhajan Singh picks India’s openers for the Test series against Australia
- Virat Kohli’s absence provides an opportunity to KL Rahul: Harbhajan Singh
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- KL Rahul should open the innings for India in ODIs too, suggests Gautam Gambhir
- Sanju Samson can bat even on Moon’s South Pole: Gautam Gambhir