South African stalwart JP Duminy celebrated his 36th birthday on Tuesday and Twitter was flooded with wishes for the all-rounder. Regarded as one of the best South African all-rounders, Duminy has 326 international appearances to his name where he has scored 9165 runs and scalped 132 wickets.
ICC also extended birthday wishes to Duminy along with India Women’s batter Jemimah Rodrigues. Former Pakistan speedster Umar Gul also celebrated his birthday on Tuesday and he was poured with wishes too.
Meanwhile, the lockdown period in India has been extended until May 3 and all citizens have been advised to stay indoors. However, migrant workers in Mumbai broke the lockdown rule and protested in Bandra as they needed to head back to their respective hometowns. Harbhajan Singh lashed out at the people who gathered in numbers during the lockdown and stated that curfew is the only option to curb the coronavirus outbreak. The off-spinner said that these people are putting their life as well as other lives in danger.
Meanwhile, the wrath of coronavirus is still persistent across the globe and the world has witnessed over 1 lakh deaths so far. England’s Ian Bell lauded the relentless work of NHS workers and said that he is keen to do something for them. He also shared a link for collecting donation towards NHS charities.
Amid such trying times, Irfan Pathan also shared a heartwarming video where he urged everyone to stay positive at the moment. The former India pacer said that this tough phase will pass soon and spread positivity during the pandemic.
1. Hardik Pandya suggests everyone to stay home
Stay calm and please stay at home everyone. That is the only way to get through this. We need to stay united and have faith. 🙏 https://t.co/GDOEeVT8R7
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) April 14, 2020
2. Jemimah Rodrigues extends birthday wishes to JP Duminy
— Jemimah Rodrigues (@JemiRodrigues) April 14, 2020
3. Mayank Agarwal shares a still amid his quarantine time
How travel enthusiasts are coping. 🙈
— Mayank Agarwal (@mayankcricket) April 14, 2020
4. Nathan Lyon reflects on ‘one of the proudest moments’ of his career
It's not his Test debut or even winning the Ashes.
Nathan Lyon reflects on one of the "proudest moments" of his career. pic.twitter.com/39uqBfVhu6
— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) April 14, 2020
5. Harbhajan Singh suggest everyone to stay indoors
Curfew is the only option to keep everyone inside..what happened in Bandra today is unacceptable.. people not understanding the situation..putting their life and many others in danger.😡😡😡😡 @narendramodi @AUThackeray
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 14, 2020
6. Ian Bell extends support to NHS workers
And very conscious the last thing on the minds of NHS workers right now is cricket! But when this is all over, I’m keen to do sessions, masterclasses or whatever for cricket fans within the NHS. All ideas welcome!! We can’t thank the @NHSuk enough for everything you’re doing. 🙌
— Ian Bell (@Ian_Bell) April 14, 2020
7. Irfan Pathan urges everyone to stay positive
A lot of negativity has been going around on account of COVID-19! Our beloved cricketers are trying to create positivity. Here's former India Cricketer, @IrfanPathan, sending us his love!#BattleagainstCorona #COVID19 #irfanpathan #pandemic#lockdown pic.twitter.com/Xou9ws1EFl
— CricTracker (@Cricketracker) April 14, 2020
8. Manoj Tiwary wishes everyone Bengali New Year
— MANOJ TIWARY (@tiwarymanoj) April 14, 2020
9. Sanju Samson teams up with Kerala police
Please be home and be safe 🙏🏼😊 https://t.co/FOFzgrqgt8
— Sanju Samson (@IamSanjuSamson) April 14, 2020
10. Sanjay Manjrekar and Michael Hussey indulge in a chat
Thanks @mhussey393 for allowing me to get inside your fantastic cricket brain.
you can keep your cool longer than the opposition, then often you finish on top' – Mic… – via ESPNCricinfo app https://t.co/knVCA3wiUp
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) April 14, 2020
11. Sourav Ganguly wishes everyone Bengali New Year
Shubho noboborsho pic.twitter.com/WmVGhXogTS
— Sourav Ganguly (@SGanguly99) April 14, 2020
12. Mohammad Hafeez wishes Umar Gul on his birthday
— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) April 14, 2020
13. Vinod Kambli extends New Year wishes
Wishing everyone a Happy Vishu, Puthandu, Bihu, Baisakhi and Poila Baisakh!
May the season of harvest and new year bring health, harmony and prosperity in all our lives. 😊🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/qujmc3M31X
— VINOD KAMBLI (@vinodkambli349) April 14, 2020
14. Fakhar Zaman extends birthday wishes to Umar Gul
Happy birthday Umar bhai
— Fakhar Zaman (@FakharZamanLive) April 14, 2020
15. Aakash Chopra shares a throwback picture
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) April 14, 2020
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- How teams that shot out cheaply in Tests did in their very next match
- Top 10 international cricket teams and their New Year Resolutions in 2021
- Flop T20I XI of the year 2020
- 10 cricketers who can dominate the year 2021
- One player from each country who can win the Man of The Tournament award in the 2021 T20 World Cup