The IPL 2020 extravaganza rolled out another two enthralling contest to culminate the weekend. In the first encounter on Sunday, the winner was decided in a dramatic fashion when Sunrisers Hyderabad locked horns with Rajasthan Royals.
Batting first, Sunrisers Hyderabad amassed 158 for 4 in their quota of 20 overs on the back of Manish Pandey’s half-century. Skipper David Warner also assisted him by stitching 54 off 44 balls. After amassing a competitive total on the board, SRH were hoping to dent RR’s run-flow by scalping early wickets.
The Hyderabad side did manage to jolt RR with early wickets. Ben Stokes, Steve Smith and Jos Buttler were shown the exit door in the early phase of the run-chase. Sanju Samson (26) and Robin Uthappa (18) tried to build a steady partnership in the middle.
But in the end, unbeaten knocks from Riyan Parag (42*) and Rahul Tewatia (45*) steered Royals to an emphatic victory. The match was finished by Parag on the penultimate ball of the last over. The Assam youngster smashed a six and celebrated with ‘Bihu’ on the field.
Talking about the second encounter, it was the clash between the table-toppers– Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians. After batting first, the Delhi side managed to amass 162 runs on the board due to Shikhar Dhawan’s brilliant 69-run knock. Dhawan and skipper Shreyas Iyer stitched a steady partnership to keep DC’s run-flow alive. Iyer (42) and Dhawan (69) played a pivotal role in DC amassing a competitive total.
However, defending champions MI successfully managed to hunt down the total with two balls to spare. Quinton De Kock (53) and Suryakumar Yadav (53) emerged as architects of MI’s triumph. Kieron Pollard (11*) and Krunal Pandya (12*) stayed glued in the middle and finished it off by steering MI to a five-wicket victory.
With the victory, MI climbed up to the top of the points table and Rohit Sharma’s men were lauded by many prominent names of the cricket fraternity. Wishes also poured in for birthday boy Hardik Pandya.
1. MI share a picture of ‘Mumbai boys’
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) October 11, 2020
2. Sanjay Manjrekar congratulates MI over their victory
One way to chase 160 is like MI did tonight. Keep going hard at the bowlers & bringing the RRR down all the time. If you lose wickets the lower order batsmen have a slightly easier task chasing lesser run with enough balls left.#MIvDC
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) October 11, 2020
3. Manoj Tiwary reacts to MI’s five-wicket victory
Big win for @mipaltan.. @DelhiCapitals was looking the strongest so far but with the way #MI dominated with both bat and ball today, showed the beauty of the @IPL … Here, anyone can beat anyone! The tournament is getting more intensed as it progresses…#IPL2020 #MIvsDC
— MANOJ TIWARY (@tiwarymanoj) October 11, 2020
4. Rishabh Pant extends birthday wishes to Hardik Pandya
— Rishabh Pant (@RishabhPant17) October 11, 2020
5. Aakash Chopra lauds Suryakumar Yadav for his impressive batting show
#MI have had no such issues to address. The juggernaut rolls on. First win in #IPL2020 while chasing. Hard to pick holes in the defending champions’ ship. It’ll be a travesty if Surya Kumar doesn’t play for India at some stage. #MIvDC
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) October 11, 2020
6. RP Singh congratulates MI over their victory against DC
The first round of #MIvsDC #DCvsMI contest goes to Mumbai. Possibly 3 more to come? Or 2 more likely as they are top two teams of the season. But, credit to MI for chasing a tricky total which was never done on this pitch.
— R P Singh रुद्र प्रताप सिंह (@rpsingh) October 11, 2020
7. Rahul Tewatia shares a picture of his batting show against SRH
— Rahul Tewatia (@rahultewatia02) October 11, 2020
8. Irfan Pathan reacts to MI’s triumph
#mi continue their winning momentum,as for #dc they will have to think abt how they will get over them in the next encounter.they might meet them more thn once going ahead… #suryakumaryadav #QuintondeKock #krunlpandya
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) October 11, 2020
9. JP Duminy hails Suryakumar Yadav for his impressive batting show
How good is @surya_14kumar 👀👀 love watching him in full flow 🔥🔥
— JP Duminy (@jpduminy21) October 11, 2020
10. Sachin Tendulkar extends wishes to Rafael Nadal
To say Paris is your home away from home is an understatement, @RafaelNadal!
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) October 11, 2020
11. Siddharth Kaul extends birthday wishes to Hardik Pandya
— Siddharth Kaul (@Sidda79_KauL) October 11, 2020
12. Virender Sehwag hails Rahul Tewatia’s batting show
Tewatia ek Kranti hai, Bowleron ki shaanti hai. Tewatia ek Baan hai, Rajasthan ke liye Tewatia hi Praan hai.
All hail Lord Tewatia!
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) October 11, 2020
13. Rahul Sharma congratulates Rajasthan Royals
— Rahul Sharma (@ImRahulSharma3) October 11, 2020
14. Mithun Manhas praises Rashid Khan’s impressive show against RR
— Mithun Manhas (@MithunManhas) October 11, 2020
15. Vinod Kambli reacts to Steve Smith’s run out
.@stevesmith49 run out
Don't challenge the boundary line fielders…they have powerful arms 💪#SRHvRR
— Vinod Kambli (@vinodkambli349) October 11, 2020
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- I don’t see Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Rahul Tewatia getting a chance in the T20I series: VVS Laxman
- Rajasthan Royals all-rounder Rahul Tewatia gets engaged
- IPL 2020: Match 54, KKR vs RR – Match Impact Ratings
- IPL 2020: Match 26, SRH vs RR – Match Impact Ratings
- IPL 2020: Match 26, SRH vs RR – Parag-Tewatia script history, a record stand to win and more stats