The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. The fourth day of the final Test between Australia and India took place at The Gabba in Brisbane. In the fourth innings, India were given a target of 328 to chase down. Prior to that, the Aussies notched 294 in their second innings. Steve Smith was their top run-scorer with a score of 55. A number of their batters got into the 20s, 30s and 40s, but none could go on and get a massive score under their belt. However, they managed to put forth a daunting target in front of India.
Ben Dunk was over the moon after Melbourne Stars won both their matches in the Big Bash League at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. To start with, Glenn Maxwell and Co defeated the Adelaide Strikers after which they got past the Melbourne Renegades. The Stars had their travails, but they have shown signs of making a comeback.
Marizanne Kapp posted an adorable picture with her partner Dane van Niekerk. Krunal Pandya is dearly missing his father, who passed away on Saturday due to cardiac arrest. Krunal led Baroda to wins in their first three games in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy after which he left the team’s bio-secure bubble.
1. Marizanne Kapp can’t imagine life without Dane van Niekerk
Can’t imagine life without you ❤️ pic.twitter.com/spSWcBT5ds
— Marizanne Kapp (@kappie777) January 18, 2021
2. Krunal Pandya missing his beloved Late Father
Miss you PAPA ❤️ pic.twitter.com/RoajygXgNY
— Krunal Pandya (@krunalpandya24) January 18, 2021
3. Mithali Raj heaps praises on Mohammed Siraj
Mohammed Siraj has been so impressive on this Australian tour . Bowled with a Lot of heart . Congratulations on your First Test 5 wicket haul 🖐 My best wishes for a fantastic future ahead !
— Mithali Raj (@M_Raj03) January 18, 2021
4. Sanjay Manjrekar lauds Team India for their spirited effort
What a lovely moment when 2 seam bowlers on 4 wkts each…opposition 9 wkts down & one takes the catch off the other’s bowling to give him his first 5 wkt haul.
Siraj leads the team off the field while Shardul follows him applauding. Well done Team India!#AUSvIND
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) January 18, 2021
5. Sarah Taylor over the moon after Sussex cricket launches Mental Health and well-being
I'm so proud of my county @SussexCCC for launching its Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub 😊
It's all about sharing experiences and providing support. I've shared my story along with thousands of other videos. I hope you find them useful.
— Sarah Taylor (@Sarah_Taylor30) January 18, 2021
6. Joe Root delighted after England’s seven-wicket win over Sri Lanka
Brilliant week, very proud of a proper team effort from everyone!
— Joe Root (@root66) January 18, 2021
7. Sachin Tendulkar impressed with Mohammed Siraj and Shardul Thakur’s performance
Well done Mohd. Siraj on your 1st fifer and @imShard on your important all round performance which has kept the Test rather interesting so far and more importantly, the Test series alive. #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/tXmLP2c9FN
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) January 18, 2021
8. James Taylor lauds England for victory in the Galle Test
— James Taylor (@jamestaylor20) January 18, 2021
9. Virender Sehwag praises Mohammed Siraj- the leader of the Indian pace attack
The boy has become a man on this tour. Siraj, Leader of the attack in his first Test series and he has led from.the front. The way newcomers have performed for India on this tour will be etched in memories for a long long time. Will be fitting if they retain the trophy. pic.twitter.com/8bRvMI1iwR
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) January 18, 2021
10. Irfan Pathan impressed with Team India’s performance
Having to toil in first class cricket is so important. It shows in both, #siraj and #Shardulthakur performance. You could bowl spells after spells in test matches if you have done that regularly in domestic cricket. Well done to both of them!
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) January 18, 2021
11. Aakash Chopra analyses India’s pace attack
Will it be correct to say that in this Test Indian seamers have bowled more boundary balls than their Aus counterparts….but at the same time, have produced more wicket-taking deliveries too. That’s why this inexperienced bowling attack has looked more penetrative… #AusvInd
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) January 18, 2021
12. Sandeep Lamichhane congratulates Bishal Paudel for getting a hat-trick
— Sandeep Lamichhane (@Sandeep25) January 18, 2021
13. Veda Krishnamurthy posts the first picture of Kaala Patthar
— Veda Krishnamurthy (@vedakmurthy08) January 18, 2021
14. Ben Dunk praises the Melbourne Stars for winning back-to-back matches at the MCG
YTB’s!!! Great work lads! https://t.co/FNzc4znKKn
— ben dunk (@bendunk51) January 18, 2021
15. Siddarth Kaul rejoices after picking a four-wicket haul against Jammu and Kashmir
— Siddharth Kaul (@iamsidkaul) January 18, 2021
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Cricketing Trends on social media today
- Twitter Reactions: Irfan Pathan and Yusuf Pathan turn back the clock but England Legends clinch the game
- Cricketing Trends on social media today
- Yuvraj Singh and Sachin Tendulkar arrive in Raipur for Road Safety World Series
- ‘Unfortunate that you have to explain this’ – Irfan Pathan backs Wasim Jaffer In ‘communal bias’ controversy