The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Pakistan beat South Africa by 95 runs in the second Test at the Rawalpindi International Cricket Stadium. In their fourth innings, the Proteas needed 369 runs to win. But, in the end, they were bowled out for 274. Aiden Markram was outstanding for the visitors as he scored 108 runs off 243 balls with the help of 13 fours and three sixes. Temba Bavuma lent him support, scoring 61 runs off 125 balls with six fours.
Rassie van der Duseen got 48, but apart from the trio, there weren’t many contributions from the others. For Pakistan, Hasan Ali was the star of the show as he picked up 10 wickets in the match. In the fourth innings, he conceded 60 runs and picked up five wickets. In the first innings, he picked up a fifer as well. Ali went on to become the Player of the Match.
The fourth day of the first Test between India and England also took place at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai also known as the Chepauk. Ishant Sharma made his Test debut more than a decade ago and he picked up 300 wickets in the format.
1. Fakhar Zaman delighted for the Pakistan cricket team
That's the spirit boys. All the best for t20 pic.twitter.com/C0nG7GqUoV
— Fakhar Zaman (@FakharZamanLive) February 8, 2021
2. Niall O’Brien had a brilliant time in the Abu Dhabi T10 League
What a brilliant time we all had @T10League . Thanks to all the crew behind the scenes and everyone at @AbuDhabiCricket for their endless energy, hard work and constant smiles. Worked with some lovely people and had the best of times. Well done all the teams 👊 pic.twitter.com/7pVZeYdcbR
— Niall John O Brien (@niallnobiobrien) February 8, 2021
3. Russel Arnold lauds Pakistan for beating South Africa
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) February 8, 2021
4. Harbhajan Singh heaps praises on Ravi Ashwin for getting six-wicket haul
Well done @ashwinravi99 for yet another 6 wicket haul.. keep it up
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) February 8, 2021
5. Michael Vaughan feels Joe Root was being cautious in declaring England’s second innings
I think he is being get too cautious and is giving India a good chance of getting out of this Test with a draw .. https://t.co/OYGVe8UToI
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) February 8, 2021
6. Naseem Shah lauds Pakistan for rolling over South Africa
— Naseem Shah (@iNaseemShah) February 8, 2021
7. Hasan Ali after getting a 10-wicket haul against South Africa
Most important that we won the match and series for our country. Allah hamari team ko hamesha jita ta rahey Ameen 🤲🏼
— Hassan Ali 🇵🇰 (@RealHa55an) February 8, 2021
8. Shane Warne feels England don’t want to lose the opening Test at the Chepauk
England’s mindset is let’s not lose this test match – rather than, what’s the best way to win this test match and how many overs could we need ! This batting on decision is now putting a lot of pressure on England’s bowlers and particularly their spinners !
— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) February 8, 2021
9. Lisa Sthalekar busy getting some relaxation
— Lisa Sthalekar (@sthalekar93) February 8, 2021
10. Yuvraj Singh congratulates Ishant Sharma for picking 300 wickets in Test cricket
A result of consistent hard work persistence ! Perseverance and commitment , and a never giving up attitude what makes our lambu special ! Many congratulations on #300 test wickets keep going ! @ImIshant #indiavseng
— Yuvraj Singh (@YUVSTRONG12) February 8, 2021
11. Tom Moody opines on India’s approach against the Three Lions in Chennai
India happy to watch England bat here! #INDvENG
— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) February 8, 2021
12. Salman Butt praises Pakistan for victory in the second Test against South Africa
— Salman Butt (@im_SalmanButt) February 8, 2021
13. Kamran Akmal heaps praises on Hasan Ali
— Kamran Akmal (@KamiAkmal23) February 8, 2021
14. Irfan Pathan lauds Ishant Sharma for picking 300 Test wickets
Well done @ImIshant on your big achievement of taking 300 test wickets. You have been a silent hero for our team India.
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) February 8, 2021
15. RP Singh didn’t forget to laud Ishant Shara either
— R P Singh रुद्र प्रताप सिंह (@rpsingh) February 8, 2021
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- PSL 2021: Shadab Khan and Hasan Ali blame ‘evil eye’ in postponement of the league
- PSL 2021, Match 11: Lahore Qalandars vs Karachi Kings- The chasing trend, Fakhar Zaman’s milestone, David Wiese’s feat and more stats
- India vs England, 2021: Third Test, Day 1: Axar Patel’s flurry of records, Rohit Sharma’s milestones, new heights for Ishant and more stats
- Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
- ‘Dhoni spirit roaming around’ – Twitterati react after umpire overturns England’s appeal for Ishant Sharma’s hit-wicket