The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Naseem Shah, the Pakistan fast bowler, celebrated his birthday and the cricketing fraternity wished him on the auspicious occasion. Shadab Khan, the Pakistan leg-spinner, also wished the young speedster. Shah, at the age of 16, picked up a hat-trick against Bangladesh at the Rawalpindi International Cricket Stadium. He made his debut when Pakistan toured Australia for a bilateral series.
Pakistan, in the meantime, beat South Africa in the three-match T20I series that took place at the iconic Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. Mohammad Rizwan became the leading run-scorer of the series. In the first T20I, he smashed a century and followed it up with two more impressive knocks. He went on to become the Player of the Series for his magnificent performance with the willow in hand.
He has also been picked as the skipper of the Multan Sultans for the 2021 edition of the Pakistan Super League. Shan Masood was the captain of the Sultans in the previous season. Tabraiz Shamsi became the joint-highest wicket-taker in the series along with fast bowler Dwaine Pretorius. Both of them picked up six wickets. But Shamsi had a better economy rate of 5.08. The cricket fraternity also talked about Ravi Ashwin’s ton in the Chepauk Test.
1. Shadab Khan wishes Naseem Shah on birthday
Happy birthday Lillee shah @iNaseemShah 🎂🎂🎂🎂
— Shadab Khan (@76Shadabkhan) February 15, 2021
2. Tabraiz Shamsi thanks South Africa and Pakistan for the bilateral series
The security was top notch, the hospitality was amazing and a huge thanks to the Pakistan team for playing tough cricket in the right spirit of the game#PakvsSA #SpiritOfCricket pic.twitter.com/ltfVgfHm7l
— Tabraiz Shamsi (@shamsi90) February 15, 2021
3. Ian Bell feels India will win the second Test at the Chepauk
India are going to win this Test.
England came into this Test with all the momentum. A combination of India brilliance, bad luck (toss) & selection means they’ve lost a great deal of it.
England must wrestle some momentum back now.#INDvENG
— Ian Bell (@Ian_Bell) February 15, 2021
4. Murali Vijay lauds Ravi Ashwin for scoring a superlative century
— Murali Vijay (@mvj888) February 15, 2021
5. Abhinav Mukund also heaps praises on Ravi Ashwin
What a knock @ashwinravi99. A well deserved treat for the chennai crowds. Now make it a 10fer for the game and wrap this game up in style 😎
— Abhinav mukund (@mukundabhinav) February 15, 2021
6. Suresh Raina also praises Ravi Ashwin for the marvellous knock
Well played Ash ! 🏏❤️✅ https://t.co/yoRY9S341B
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) February 15, 2021
7. Mithali Raj also in awe of Ravi Ashwin
What an outstanding performance from @ashwinravi99 . The fifer followed by a brilliant hundred in the second innings . Top class 🙌🏻
— Mithali Raj (@M_Raj03) February 15, 2021
8. Shikha Pandey mesmerised with Mohammed Siraj’s batting
— Shikha Pandey (@shikhashauny) February 15, 2021
9. Dinesh Karthik is very impressed with Ravi Ashwin’s batting
As much as I enjoyed Ashwin’s knock, I loved Sirajs beaming smile,fist pumps and celebrations when @ashwinravi99 got to his 100. Here is a man who puts others before self. I hope that character trait is backed as much as much as every other skill set he possesses #absolutegem
— DK (@DineshKarthik) February 15, 2021
10. Harbhajan Singh also had words of praises for Ravi Ashwin
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) February 15, 2021
11. Words of praises from Nasser Hussain for Ravi Ashwin
Well played Chennai’s Super King !! Brilliant 100 from Ravi Ashwin …
— Nasser Hussain (@nassercricket) February 15, 2021
12. Mitchell McClenaghan congratulates Mohammad Rizwan for a brilliant series with the bat
@iMRizwanPak well done bro 👌🙏
— Mitchell McClenaghan (@Mitch_Savage) February 15, 2021
13. Kevin Pietersen has an opinion
If England send Jos home, don’t pick Bairstow and leave out Jimmy, then it’s an Emirates flight for Broad tomorrow.
Play any kid who can bowl 75mph with the keeper up.
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) February 15, 2021
14. Shane Warne opines on India’s performance on the ‘bad pitch’ at the Chepauk
India have now made 523 runs on this so called “bad pitch” and they still have 2 wickets in hand ! Thoughts ?
— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) February 15, 2021
15. Mohammad Hafeez lauds Mohammad Rizwan
— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) February 15, 2021
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- PSL 2021: Shadab Khan and Hasan Ali blame ‘evil eye’ in postponement of the league
- Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
- ‘Electricity is temporary, generator is permanent’ – Shadab Khan congratulates Hasan Ali for firing South Africa in 2nd Test
- Sarfaraz Ahmed and Shadab Khan indulge in a light banter over Pakistan squad’s fitness video
- ‘Real life Call of Duty’ – South African spinner Tabraiz Shamsi impressed with security arrangements in Pakistan