The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Shahid Afridi, the former Pakistan cricketer, celebrated his birthday. On the auspicious occasion, he was showered with wishes from the cricketing fraternity. Babar Azam, the skipper of the Pakistan team across all three formats, wished Afridi on his birthday. Babar is currently plying his trade for the Karachi Kings in the 2021 edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
The Kings won the 2020 edition of the tournament, beating Lahore Qalandars in the final. Afridi, on the other hand, is playing for the Multan Sultans. Naseem Shah, Umar Gul, and Ahmed Shehzad, among others, also wished Afridi. Afridi last played international cricket back in 2018 during a match at the iconic Lord’s Cricket Stadium. Rashid Khan, the Afghanistan spinner, who played alongside him at the Home of Cricket, also wished him.
Popular commentator Alan Wilkins also sent his wishes for the veteran. In the meantime, Marcus Trescothick has decided to leave Somerset after serving them for three decades. Tom Banton, one of the club’s young cricketers, was saddened by the development.
Russel Arnold, the former Sri Lanka cricketer, sounded excited about his stint in the Road Safety World series in India. In the meantime, the Indian cricketers are practicing hard before the fourth and final Test against England, starting March 4 at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
1. Babar Azam wishes Shahid Afridi on birthday
Only few people leave a significant impact on game and he is one of them. A very happy birthday to the super star of cricket Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi. May you continue to spread the message of hope and love for humanity @SAfridiOfficial bhai. #Respect #Legend pic.twitter.com/g05SYyALlA
— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) March 1, 2021
2. Mohammad Kaif delighted to watch Sachin Tendulkar from the non-striker’s end
.@sachin_rt battled fatigue and a world-class pace attack as he crafted a masterpiece on this day in 2003. Lucky me! Had the best seat in the world to watch this masterclass 🙂
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) March 1, 2021
3. Naseem Shah wishes Shahid Afridi on birthday
— Naseem Shah (@iNaseemShah) March 1, 2021
4. Umar Gul wishes Shahid Afridi on birthday
Wish you a very happy birthday @SAfridiOfficial bhai. May Allah always keep you happy and healthy! Ameen
— Umar Gul (@mdk_gul) March 1, 2021
5. Tom Banton unhappy after Marcus Trescothick decides to part ways with Somerset
— Tom Banton (@TBanton18) March 1, 2021
6. Ahmed Shehzad wishes Shahid Afridi on birthday
— Ahmad Shahzad 🇵🇰 (@iamAhmadshahzad) March 1, 2021
7. Rashid Khan also wishes Shahid Afridi on birthday
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) March 1, 2021
8. Russel Arnold ready to play in the Road Safety World Series in India
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) March 1, 2021
9. Umesh Yadav in ‘loading’ mode
— Umesh Yaadav (@y_umesh) March 1, 2021
10. Manoj Tiwary loving with his open arms
Love is always open arms 👍 pic.twitter.com/pDefaiHim7
— MANOJ TIWARY (@tiwarymanoj) March 1, 2021
11. Ajinkya Rahane stretching limits before the fourth Test against England
Stretching limits as we enter the last few days of training before the final test match pic.twitter.com/1FrTjPMG2r
— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) March 1, 2021
12. Mayank Agarwal believes in putting in efforts every single day
— Mayank Agarwal (@mayankcricket) March 1, 2021
13. Aakash Chopra having a great time with his family
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) March 1, 2021
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Babar Azam is going to be the backbone of Pakistan batting: Shahid Afridi
- I thought Babar Azam would survive in Tests and ODIs but not in T20Is: Shahid Afridi
- ‘Babar Azam has shown the world his class and pedigree’- Shahid Afridi
- Shoaib Malik would’ve been a better choice as Pakistan T20 skipper: Shahid Afridi
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today