The 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will commence in 3 days’ time, and several cricketers have expressed their excitement ahead of the marquee T20 tournament. Two Indian cricketing behemoths, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are looking forward to the inaugural match of IPL 2021, which will take place between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Mumbai Indians (MI).
Suryakumar Yadav and Jasprit Bumrah are also getting ready for the marquee clash as well. The second ODI between Pakistan and South Africa saw Fakhar Zaman dismissed in controversial circumstances, and the legendary Shoaib Akhtar has offered his opinion on the matter. Harbhajan Singh has taken a cheeky dig at the decision taken by the Delhi Govt. to impose a night curfew.
6th April 2021 also marks the 7th anniversary of Sri Lanka’s epic triumph in the 2014 T20 World Cup final. Led by a blistering 52* off 35 deliveries by batting legend Kumar Sangakkara, the Sri Lankan outfit beat the MS Dhoni-led Indian side with 6 wickets to spare to lift their maiden T20 World Cup. And, a few Sri Lankan cricketers have congratulated the Sri Lankan side on this historic day. So, let us get started on our social media voyage….
1. Saqib Mahmood offers his opinion on a disgusting comment made on Moeen Ali
Can’t believe this. Disgusting tweet. Disgusting individual https://t.co/g8O1MWyR81
— Saqib Mahmood (@SaqMahmood25) April 6, 2021
2. Rohit Sharma ready for the Mumbai Indians’ clash against Royal Challengers Bangalore
Hello Paltan! We’re getting closer to the opening match of #VIVOIPL, where we will face one of the best teams in RCB.
Jeet ke liye kaun sa mantra try karoon? Share your thoughts using #RohitMantra.
Mark your calendars – April 9, 7:30 PM ko #SabKuchRoKo!
— Rohit Sharma (@ImRo45) April 6, 2021
3. RCB skipper Virat Kohli looking forward to the inaugural match of IPL 2021
Hey RCB fans! We are back, proudly representing the red & gold brigade.
Mark your calendars – April 9, 7:30 PM. The heat is on! 🔥 #SabKuchRoKo
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) April 6, 2021
4. Mohammad Rizwan wishes Shaheen Afridi on his birthday
Happy Birthday @iShaheenAfridi. Even sky is not the limit for #TheEagle of Pakistan. May you continue to serve Pakistan with all your might. You are an exceptional talent and have everything in you to be the role model for generations to come. Never give up, in sha Allah. https://t.co/Uw0nQjRnjn
— Mohammad Rizwan (@iMRizwanPak) April 6, 2021
5. Shoaib Akhtar offers his opinion on Fakhar Zaman’s dismissal
Temba Bavuma's statement explained what they did.
De Kock & South African teams celebration gestures explained what they did.
But ICC & Match referee suggests otherwise 🙂
Nicely done. Ok lets move on. #pakvssa pic.twitter.com/dMNmRJooKR
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) April 6, 2021
6. Suresh Raina wants everyone to remain happy
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) April 6, 2021
7. Jasprit Bumrah prepping up for IPL 2021
smiling and prepping 🏏 pic.twitter.com/3ERnuI8ymJ
— Jasprit Bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) April 6, 2021
8. Harbhajan Singh takes a dig at the night curfew imposed in Delhi
Yeah carona comes out only in the night.. not during the day so good decision 😱 🙄🙄 https://t.co/5uH5FVHEqL
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 6, 2021
9. Dhammika Prasad congratulates the Sri Lankan side on the 7th anniversary of their T20 World Cup triumph
Congratulations champs, another memorable day of Sri Lankan cricket, won the first t20 World Cup and 2nd World Cup for Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 cricket. 👏👏👏👏👏@chandi_17 Lasith Malinga @Angelo69Mathews @HerathRSL @KumarSanga2 @MahelaJay @PereraThisara @T.m. Dilshan and others. 👏 👏🇱🇰🇱🇰 pic.twitter.com/LddQLdN5HS
— Dhammika Prasad (@imDhammika) April 6, 2021
10. Virender Sehwag urges everyone to wear a mask in his own inimitable way
Veda Vyasa, Mahabali, Kripacharya, Hanuman ji ,Maharishi Markandeya, Ashwathama ,Parshuram ,Vibhishan.
These are the Ashta Chiranjeevi or the eight immortals of Hindu dharma.
You are not a Chiranjeevi ,so please wear a Mask, maintain Social distancing & get a vaccine if eligible pic.twitter.com/qDH9K9poUx
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) April 6, 2021
11. Sanath Jayasuriya congratulates the Sri Lankan side on the 7th anniversary of their T20 World Cup triumph
Srilanka emerged World Champions beating India to clinch the T20 championship 2014. A proud & unforgettable moment for me as Chairman selectors and Malinga & the team! Success was built around a winning team effort playing good cricket throughout to make our fans proud.
— Sanath Jayasuriya (@Sanath07) April 6, 2021
12. Alviro Petersen hails Aiden Markram for his excellent throw that dismissed Fakhar Zaman
Oh, and what a throw by Markram!! #Stunning
— Alviro Petersen (@AlviroPetersen) April 5, 2021
13. Fakhar Zaman thanks all his teammates for supporting him
Thank you everyone for your love and support
Keep supporting Pakistan https://t.co/cXegBL7bIf
— Fakhar Zaman (@FakharZamanLive) April 5, 2021
14. Khaleel Ahmed ready for IPL 2021
— Khaleel Ahmed (@imK_Ahmed13) April 5, 2021
15. Suryakumar Yadav is back in the Mumbai jersey
Back in Blue & Gold 💙 pic.twitter.com/PepebcvR2w
— Surya Kumar Yadav (@surya_14kumar) April 5, 2021
16. Jofra Archer responds to Taslima Nasreen’s controversial tweet on Moeen Ali
Are you okay ? I don’t think you’re okay https://t.co/rmiFHhDXiO
— Jofra Archer (@JofraArcher) April 6, 2021
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricketing world today
- India vs England: Virat Kohli confirms Team India’s openers for the first T20I
- India vs England, 2021: 1st T20I, Statistical Preview – Babar Azam’s record in danger; Kohli, Rohit eye new milestones
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- India vs England, 2021: 4th Test, Statistical Preview – Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Ashwin on the cusp of shattering big records