The cricketing trends on social media revolved a number of events. The fourth day of the first Ashes Test is currently taking place at the Edgbaston in Birmingham and both the arch-rivals have strained their sinew to overpower each other. Steve Smith churned out a masterful Test century on his comeback in the first day and now the Sydney-born cricketer notched up back-t0-back tons in the format. The Aussies were trailing by 90 at the start of their second innings and Smith’s knock has put them in a decent position.
Smith got to his half-century in the first session of the penultimate day off 69 balls. Before the Lunch break, he was not out on 98. After the short break, the run-machine accomplished his ton off 147 balls. Smith drove fast bowler Stuart Broad through the covers for a four to bring up his century. He eventually got out out Chris Woakes after scoring 142 runs off 207 balls with the help of 14 glorious boundaries. After yet another knock of substances, the cricketing fraternity appreciated him for his grit and determination in the middle.
The likes of Deep Dasgupta, Harbhajan Singh, Kamran Akmal couldn’t stop praising Smith. Meanwhile, Matthew Wade, who was also making his Test comeback after nearly a couple of years, brought up a century. The ton helped the Aussies stretch their lead over the 300-run mark. Alyssa Healy, Glenn Maxwell and many others praised him for the knock. Rob Key, the former England cricketer, even went on to say that Smith is better than Virat Kohli, the all-format Indian skipper, who’s currently in the USA.
1. Glenn Maxwell lauds Matthew Wade
— Glenn Maxwell (@Gmaxi_32) August 4, 2019
2. Ian Bell wonders when Australia will declare
So, what we thinking? When are Australia going to declare? Surely there’ll be some temptation to stick us in sooner rather than later…?#Ashes
— Ian Bell (@Ian_Bell) August 4, 2019
3. Matt Prior questions
— Matt Prior (@MattPrior13) August 4, 2019
4. Toss time for Russel Arnold in TNPL
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) August 4, 2019
5. Mayank Agarwal in Trinidad
— Mayank Agarwal (@mayankcricket) August 4, 2019
6. Deep Dasgupta heaps praises on Steve Smith
In just 3 days time boos have transformed into a standing ovation. That's what geniuses like Steve Smith can do. Magnificent knock #Ashes19
— Deep Dasgupta (@DeepDasgupta7) August 4, 2019
7. A surprised Michael Vaughan after Smith’s dismissal
Can you believe it … He is OUT … #Ashes
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) August 4, 2019
8. Harbhajan Singh awe-struck by Smith’s knock
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) August 4, 2019
9. Kamran Akmal hails Smith
— Kamran Akmal (@KamiAkmal23) August 4, 2019
10. Ajinkya Rahane working hard
— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) August 4, 2019
11. Salman Butt live on TV
Aslam o alekum all . Live on @aapnewspk from 7 to 8 pm .
— Salman Butt (@im_SalmanButt) August 4, 2019
12. Rob Key makes something official
That’s official then. Steve Smith is better than kohli
— Rob Key (@robkey612) August 4, 2019
13. Suresh Raina on Friendship Day
"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow" – William Shakespeare.
How true is that! I'm blessed to have such friends in my life. #HappyFriendshipDay2019
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) August 4, 2019
14. Aakash Chopra has a message for Shikhar Dhawan
Twice in two innings Dhawan has been dismissed in the same fashion….Identical shots, different bowlers. #WIvIND
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) August 4, 2019
15. Alyssa Healy all praises for Matthew Wade
Pumped for Matthew Wade – great 💯 #pickmorekeepers
— Alyssa Healy (@ahealy77) August 4, 2019
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- After returning from army duty, MS Dhoni dons the politician role
- Suspended Mohammad Shahzad answers his critics on social media
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Americas Region Final, 2019: Match 8, Bermuda vs USA: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Americas Region Final, 2019: Match 7, Canada vs Cayman Islands: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- MS Dhoni batting higher in World Cup semis could’ve made things different, feels Virender Sehwag