The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh all-rounder, posted an adorable picture with his daughter Alaina. On the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha, the cricketing fraternity send in their wishes. On the special day, Mushfiqur Rahim posted a picture of his in a saffron coloured Kurta. Yesterday, he shared a heartfelt picture with his wife and son. On August 11, India managed to beat the Windies in the second ODI at the Port of Spain, Trinidad by 59 runs (DLS Method).
Virat Kohli, the Indian skipper, notched his 42nd ODI century and he was greeted with praises from every nook and corner of the country. Kuldeep Yadav, the chinaman bowler, picked up a couple of crucial wickets of Evin Lewis and Shimron Hetmyer. Kuldeep congratulated the Men in Blue for the thunderous performance. Vinod Kambli also enjoyed Kohli’s batting. Chris Gayle became the highest capped for the Windies with 300 ODIs. He also surpassed Brian Lara as the leading run-scorer for the Caribbean team.
Wasim Jaffer predicted that Kohli will scored 75 to 80 ODI centuries. Jason Holder, the Windies skipper, said that he was privileged to play alongside the Jamaican. Gayle was even lauded by Lara following the stupendous achievement. Meanwhile, the second Ashes Test between England and Australia is scheduled to get underway on August 14 at the iconic Lord’s Cricket Ground in London. Steve Smith, the Player of the Match in the Edgbaston Test for his twin centuries, was looking forward to the contest.
1. Shakib Al Hasan with his daughter
A post shared by shakib al hasan (@shaki_b75) on Aug 12, 2019 at 12:27am PDT
2. Mahela Jayawardena wishes everyone on Eid
A post shared by Mahela Jayawardena (@mahela27) on Aug 12, 2019 at 6:42am PDT
3. Kuldeep Yadav congratulates Virat Kohli and Team India
— Kuldeep yadav (@imkuldeep18) August 12, 2019
4. Jason Holder heaps praises on Chris Gayle
@chrisgayle333 you have been a wonderful servant of WI cricket. It has been an honor to play with you for most of my career, to witness so many outstanding knocks and see your milestones has definitely been awesome to watch. Congratulations on being the leading run scorer and most capped ODI cricketer in WI cricket. #300th#universeboss#crampy#🤙🏾
A post shared by Jason Holder (@jaseholder98) on Aug 12, 2019 at 5:01am PDT
5. Steve Smith ready for Lord’s Test
A post shared by Steve Smith (@steve_smith49) on Aug 12, 2019 at 5:00am PDT
6. Kieron Pollard wishes Chris Gayle
A post shared by Kieron Pollard (@kieron.pollard55) on Aug 12, 2019 at 4:37am PDT
7. Wasim Jaffer predicts Virat Kohli’s ODI centuries at retirement
Normal services resumes after a break of 11 innings!!
i.e. another international 💯 for Virat Kohli 👏🏽
My prediction is he will get 75-80 ODI 💯's 🤞🏽🤐#KingKohli
— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) August 12, 2019
8. Mushfiqur Rahim on the occasion of Eid
Eid Mubarak 🙏🙏 pic.twitter.com/2NCrTZQ8eu
— Mushfiqur Rahim (@mushfiqur15) August 12, 2019
9. Ajinkya Rahane prays for the flood-affected people
Praying for everyone affected in the floods across the country. Let us all do everything we can to help them recover quickly.
— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) August 12, 2019
10. Jofra Archer eyeing the Lord’s Honours Board
Would love to get on the honours board 👀
— Jofra Archer (@JofraArcher) August 12, 2019
11. A grateful Shubman Gill
Been grateful for the experience in West Indies. Now, can’t wait to return back home 🛫 pic.twitter.com/luKGtvDaUk
— Shubman Gill (@RealShubmanGill) August 12, 2019
12. Shane Warne at the home of cricket
A post shared by Shane Warne (@shanewarne23) on Aug 12, 2019 at 1:03am PDT
13. Vinod Kambli praises Virat Kohli and Team India
A great win for 🇮🇳 last night. Enjoyed the way @imVkohli batted to reach yet another 100.
Was really impressed by the way Shreyas played but was disappointed to see @RishabhPant17 play that shot to get out. He keeps repeating the same shot & falls in a similar fashion.#WIvIND pic.twitter.com/JyhbPLaEin
— VINOD KAMBLI (@vinodkambli349) August 12, 2019
14. Mohammad Kaif sends wishes on Eid
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) August 12, 2019
15. Harbhajan Singh on Eid
Eid Mubarak sab ko 🙏 May god bless us all pic.twitter.com/KoY7Ao1xAL
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) August 12, 2019
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- The Stokes-Samuels story: How past run-ins turned a friendly banter into an ugly spat
- After widespread criticism, Marlon Samuels takes yet another dig at Ben Stokes over Bristol brawl in 2017
- BCCI pays tribute to MS Dhoni after announcing India squads for Australia tour
- ‘What about MS Dhoni? – Fans slam Ravi Shastri for calling Wriddhiman Saha ‘best gloveman in the world’
- ‘If he is unwell then what is he doing inside the stadium?’ – Virender Sehwag questions Rohit Sharma’s presence in MI dugout