India celebrated National Sports Day on 29th August 2019. This day also marks the birth anniversary of Dhyan Chand and the ‘Fit India Movement’ was launched. Thus, most of the cricketers in the country tweeted about these three topics. The likes of Cheteshwar Pujara, Jasprit Bumrah, Robin Uthappa and many others paid their tributes to the hockey legend and urged everyone to stay fit by picking up a sport.
Kedar Jadhav, on the other hand, had a special kind of celebration on this day. Along with former Indian skipper MS Dhoni and a few others, he played hockey and shared the picture on the micro-blogging site. In the other trends on the day, Sanjay Manjrekar wished Ajantha Mendis a great post-retirement career and wrote that he was a huge fan of the bowler.
Danielle Wyatt and Smriti Mandhana seemed excited that they would be taking part in the finals day of KSL 2019. Bishan Singh Bedi and Sandeep Lamichanne came up with philosophical tweets. While Sachin Tendulkar spent time with Jeeya, a budding cricketer, David Warner and the other Australian cricketers were involved in a fun game of rugby. Also, Wriddhiman Saha hit the nets ahead of the second Test against the Windies.
1. Sanjay Manjrekar wished Ajantha Mendis a great post-retirement career
Didn’t play for too long but he grabbed the spotlight every time with his unique skills. Was a big fan of Ajantha Mendis & his wicket taking abilities. I wish him a great post retirement career🙏#AjanthaMendis
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) August 29, 2019
2. Chesteshwar Pujara paid tributes to Dhyan Chand on his birthday
On this #NationalSportsDay paying my tribute to the wizard of hockey, Dhyan Chand Ji on his birth anniversary🙏 Also respect to all the sports men and women who play for our country 🇮🇳
— cheteshwar pujara (@cheteshwar1) August 29, 2019
3. Let’s pick a sport up to keep fit
I'm happiest when I'm out there on the field.. Sport has changed my life for the good. On #NationalSportsDay, let's pick a sport up to keep fit #FitIndiaMovement 💪 pic.twitter.com/05ptp7LcXi
— Jasprit Bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) August 29, 2019
4. Robin Uthappa wished all the athletes a Happy National Sports Day
Happy #NationalSportsDay to all athletes who work hard to make India proud. Also remembering Dhyan Chand Ji, who was unarguably the greatest of all time, 'the wizard'. 🙏 pic.twitter.com/HXo8QRQN5e
— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) August 29, 2019
5. Smile if you are going to Hove on Sunday for Finals Day
Smile if you’re going to Hove on Sunday for Finals day! 😁 @VipersKSL 💥🏏 pic.twitter.com/NckeYlp4dH
— Danielle Wyatt (@Danni_Wyatt) August 29, 2019
6. Bishan Singh Bedi shared some words of wisdom
— Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) August 29, 2019
7. What’s the similarity between Whatsapp and Diaper?
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) August 29, 2019
8. Sachin Tendulkar spent some valuable time with Jeeya, a budding cricketer
For any sportsperson, the constant support from family is crucial.
It was lovely interacting with Jeeya, a budding cricketer, and her dad, Guruprasad who always helps her chase her dreams despite all challenges. It’s an interesting journey ahead for both of them.. all the best!👍🏻 pic.twitter.com/qMi8KXwMv6
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) August 29, 2019
9. Smriti Mandhana is thrilled to be taking part in the KSL 2019 Final
A brilliant team effort and all that hard work out on the field has come to this. Into the finals and looking forward to it. @WesternStormKSL #givesyouwings pic.twitter.com/MJLX9tCdow
— Smriti Mandhana (@mandhana_smriti) August 29, 2019
10. Karma will hit you back
“KARMA” will hit you back.
— Sandeep Lamichhane (@IamSandeep25) August 29, 2019
11. David Warner shared a video from the friendly rugby game with a lot of joyful moments
View this post on Instagram
@steve_smith49 ready for the halves and I’ll be waiting on the bench if required @sydneyroosters
A post shared by David Warner (@davidwarner31) on Aug 29, 2019 at 12:41am PDT
12. Wriddhiman Saha hit the nets before the second Test against Windies
Practice day 🇮🇳🏏 pic.twitter.com/Au2xhQDqM2
— Wriddhiman Saha (@Wriddhipops) August 29, 2019
13. Harbhajan Singh perfectly addresses the present-day situation
Our life presently 🙈🙈🙈 pic.twitter.com/BDCFrf0Nox
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) August 29, 2019
14. Dinesh Chandimal has some words of self-motivation as he fights to make it back into the Sri Lanka XI
Hi everyone after longtime.. 👋 Be a person with your own mind, own attitude, own class, own life. Be your own role model.. #wearingmyfavouritecap #mercedesbenz pic.twitter.com/ZbFCkX6uHq
— dinesh chandimal (@chandi_17) August 29, 2019
15. Kedar Jadhav spent time playing hockey with MS Dhoni and others on National Sports Day
Happy #NationalSportsDay to all of you. Remembering Dhyanchand Ji, the wizard of hockey… #nationalsportsday 🏏 🎾 ⚽️ 🏋🏻♂️ 🚲 🏃♂️ @msdhoni pic.twitter.com/67z3UCobRI
— IamKedar (@JadhavKedar) August 29, 2019
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Harbhajan Singh picks Shubman Gill to open the innings in New Zealand Test series
- Harbhajan Singh opines whether Ravi Bishnoi should replace Yuzvendra Chahal in the senior team
- ‘Saini should’ve replaced Shardul and not Shami’ – Harbhajan Singh on India’s lineup against New Zealand
- Stats: Jasprit Bumrah scripts history, becomes the first bowler to bowl 7 maidens in T20Is
- Virat Kohli imitates Harbhajan Singh’s bowling action ahead of IND-SL T20I