There were quite a few topics around which the cricketing trends revolved on Thursday. Steve Smith clearly grabbed all the headlines for registering his third century in Ashes 2019. Sachin Tendulkar tweeted that his technique was complicated but said that his organised mindset helps him stand apart. Akash Chopra and Brad Hogg were also all praise for the former Australian skipper. Michael Vaughan seemed bemused when Smith was dismissed off a no-ball.
The other trends revolved around Teacher’s Day which is celebrated on 5th September in India. The likes of Vijay Shankar, Parvinder Awana and many others thanked their teachers for all the guidance. Also, Rahmat Shah became the first Afghan batsman to score a Test century. Thus, Mirwais Ashraf and Dawlat Zadran were all praise for him. Moreover, Pragyan Ojha took it to Twitter on his birthday to announce that he’s going to be a father soon. Manoj Tiwary wished the left-arm spinner a very happy birthday.
1. Sachin Tendulkar deciphers the secret behind Steve Smith’s success
COMPLICATED TECHNIQUE but an ORGANIZED MINDSET is what sets @stevesmith49 apart. Incredible comeback!#ENGvsAUS pic.twitter.com/02MNGkYQ7y
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) September 5, 2019
2. Aakash Chopra termed Steve Smith as one of a kind and a modern great
He’s unorthodox…unconventional. But his conviction and commitment to his ways is absolute. And therein lies the secret to his success. One of its kind. Steve Smith is a modern great. #TheAshes #Unstoppable
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) September 5, 2019
3. That’s what happens when you bowl a no-ball to Steve Smith and dismiss him
I can’t believe what I have just seen …. Smith is OUT .. I repeat Smith is OUT .. Oh no he isn’t !!!!!!!!! #Ashes #WTF
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) September 5, 2019
4. Manoj Tiwary wished his understanding friend Pragyan Ojha a very happy birthday
One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. Wishing my understanding friend @pragyanojha happy birthday 🎂🍰Wish u have a great year ahead with loads of happiness. God bless u always 🤗 pic.twitter.com/ZV5zA3O68Y
— MANOJ TIWARY (@tiwarymanoj) September 5, 2019
5. Vijay Shankar paid tributes to his coach on Teacher’s Day
To the person who has always believed in me no matter what #HappyTeachersDay Balaji Sir
Thank you for always having my back 🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/2ZVpsNHqAs
— Vijay Shankar (@vijayshankar260) September 5, 2019
6. Brian Lara tweeted that his thoughts go out to everyone affected by the Hurricane Dorain
My thoughts go out to everyone affected by #hurricanedorian Please stay safe. To all my friends donate anything you can to help those who have been affected in the Bahamas #help pic.twitter.com/cWq7O6HlFz
— Brian Lara (@BrianLara) September 5, 2019
7. Brad Hogg believes that full respect has to be shown to Steve Smith for his courage and resilience
Steve Smith did not touch the sandpaper, he took the fall for others stupidity and actions. Courage & resilience to come back from a year of penance, then concussion, to face Pace and hostility & make another ashes century, has to be shown full respect. #legendary
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) September 5, 2019
8. Ramesh Powar wished Jemimah Rodrigues on her birthday
Happy birthday @JemiRodrigues https://t.co/kuCKR8I4ST
— ramesh powar (@imrameshpowar) September 5, 2019
9. Teachers are the finest architects of the future of society. Parvinder Awana paid tributes to all those teachers on Teacher’s Day
Teachers are the finest architects of the future of a society. They are the bulwark which gives momentum to the pursuit of knowledge, innovation, scholarship & science – vital ingredients to progress of civilisations.
On #TeachersDay I bow down in reverence of all our teachers.
— Parvinder Awana (@ParvinderAwana) September 5, 2019
10. Pragyan Ojha is going to be a father soon
Thanks for your good wishes on my birthday. I have a little announcement to make. My wife and I are expecting. The baby is due this month. Pls keep us in your prayers as we embark on this phase of our lives. #FamilyGoals #Gratitude #Blessings #HappyFamily #BestBirthdayGift pic.twitter.com/0Hz5J1YqZf
— Pragyan Prayas Ojha (@pragyanojha) September 5, 2019
11. Mirwais Ashraf congratulated Rahmat Shah on becoming the first Afghan to score a Test century
Very well deserving hundred @RahmatShah_08 first ever afghan cricketer to scoring 100 💯 in test cricket,keep going champ my Allah give u more success @jafarhaand @ACBofficials pic.twitter.com/ym52FIXWin
— Mirwais Ashraf (@MirwaisAshraf16) September 5, 2019
12. Dawlat Zadran was all praise for Rahmat Shah for his brilliant efforts
#Congratulations first test century best of luck for more good #performances @RahmatShah_08 @rashidkhan_19 @ACBofficials 🇦🇫 pic.twitter.com/FZI4MbTTF3
— Dawlat Zadran (@DawlatZadranDK) September 5, 2019
13. As long as we look within, we won’t need to seek anything outside
As long as we look within, we won't need to seek anything outside. 💫 pic.twitter.com/CvUVElZwjm
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) September 5, 2019
14. Shoaib Akhtar congratulated Waqar Younis and asked him to bring better results this time compared to his previous tenures
Congratulations to @waqyounis99, one of the greatest fast bowlers and an idol.
We should fully utilize his experience.
With due respect, Waqar bhai should also look into a different approach this time which brings better results for Pakistan compared to previous tenures.
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) September 5, 2019
15. That is one way to escape the hefty traffic challans
— Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) September 5, 2019
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Rohit Sharma is the best batsman in the world right now: Manoj Tiwary
- ‘I’m thinking about bringing that curator out to the SCG’ – Nathan Lyon slams Ahmedabad pitch critics
- Manoj Tiwary and Ashok Dinda start their political sojourn before West Bengal elections
- Manoj Tiwary explains why Virat Kohli’s RCB haven’t won an IPL trophy
- Manoj Tiwary gives Team India detailed plan to dismiss in-form Joe Root