Former Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan is set to join NorthEast United United FC for their upcoming season of Indian Super League (ISL). He is an all-time highest goal scorer of the African nation who participated in four editions of the FIFA World Cup. Gyan is also the leading goal scorer (6 goals) of the Africa continent in the history of the FIFA World Cup. He has made more than 400 appearances in club football and scored more than 200 goals so far.
North East United's Executive Director Priya Runchal said, "We are thrilled to have a player of Gyan's caliber."
Gyan said he is looking forward to this new chapter in his career. He is aware of North East United FC and Indian Super League as well.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR) all-time best XI in IPL history
- 5 most underrated innings for India in the 21st century
- ‘It’s unfinished business’ – Steve Smith not content with Australia retaining the Ashes
- What if MS Dhoni leads the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side instead of Virat Kohli?
- A Lethal Pace Trio- Pakistan’s biggest opportunity in England?