Former Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan is set to join NorthEast United United FC for their upcoming season of Indian Super League (ISL). He is an all-time highest goal scorer of the African nation who participated in four editions of the FIFA World Cup. Gyan is also the leading goal scorer (6 goals) of the Africa continent in the history of the FIFA World Cup. He has made more than 400 appearances in club football and scored more than 200 goals so far.
North East United's Executive Director Priya Runchal said, "We are thrilled to have a player of Gyan's caliber."
Gyan said he is looking forward to this new chapter in his career. He is aware of North East United FC and Indian Super League as well.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle