Kevin Pietersen, the former England cricketer, is known for his outspoken nature in international cricket. The 39-year-old speaks what he feels is right in his opinion. In an interview, he has raised concern over the fast-bowling attack of England after Stuart Broad and James Anderson retire from Test cricket.
Broad and Anderson form a lethal bowling pair that is a nightmare for any talented batsman in bowling-friendly conditions. They have led England’s bowling attack in the longer format over many years. Moreover, nobody can deny the fact that they have done a commendable job with the ball for their national side. However, now they are at the fag end of their career and both the pacers might retire after 2020 Ashes.
Mark Wood is good but full of injuries: Kevin Pietersen
Kevin Pietersen, in an interview, opened up over the same and said that he is worried about England’s fast-bowling attack in Tests after Broad and Anderson will announce their retirement. He feels that the duo will leave a big gap in the side and it will not be an easy task for upcoming bowlers to fill that gap.
The 39-year-old doubts that England has enough talented bowlers to replace the aforementioned fast-bowling pair. As per him, Mark Wood is a good pacer but he is full of injuries. And, Jofra Archer is yet to be tested at the international stage.
“I am worried about England’s Test team, when Broad and Anderson go. They are on their last legs at the moment. If Broad and Anderson go, there’s going to be a big, big gap to fill. Do they have the bowlers? Mark Wood is very good, however, he’s full of injuries.
“And, Jofra Archer, he’s also had that elbow injury during that South African series, so he hardly played. So it will be about how quickly England can fill that gap because … if you can’t take 20 wickets in the Test match you really are behind the eight ball,” Kevin Pietersen said as quoted by The Times of India.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘It is disrespectful to England fans and India’ – Kevin Pietersen slams selectors for resting key players for Test series
- ‘We are all available’ – Kevin Pietersen’s message to the national selectors after England Legends beat India Legends in the RSWS
- Twitter wants Kevin Pietersen to play for England once again after his performances in Road Safety World Series
- Twitter Reactions: Kevin Pietersen blasts 42 off 17 as England Legends breeze past Bangladesh Legends
- India vs England: Rishabh Pant plays an outrageous reverse sweep off James Anderson