Amid COVID-19 outbreak, the cricketers are spending all their time with their families inside their houses or with fans on social media while in quarantine. However, all of them are eagerly waiting to hit the ground. Even, Virat Kohli showed his eagerness in his recent social media activity for the first cricket session after lockdown but in a funny way by taking a hilarious jibe at Cheteshwar Pujara.
All the cricketing series have either been cancelled or postponed due to the global pandemic that has taken more than 2 Lakh lives across the globe and the number is increasing with each passing day. It is spreading at a very high rate with no vaccination available for it. This is the reason why cricket associations and boards have postponed the tournaments for an indefinite period.
If the situation was normal at this time then the cricket fans would have been enjoying the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) that was scheduled to begin from March 29. But that is not the case and BCCI has postponed it due to COVID-19. There is no doubt over the fact that cricketers are missing their game a lot. So, they are training regularly to keep themselves in shape in order to hit the ground as soon as the lockdown is finished.
Kohli takes a funny jibe at Pujara
Recently, Virat Kohli also showed his eagerness for the game to return in his social media activity but in a hilarious fashion. He took to his official Twitter handle and shared a still of him taking a catch during the India’s 2018-19 Test series in Australia. Kohli also tried his best to troll his teammate Cheteshwar Pujara and hoped that the latter goes for the catch in the first training session after lockdown.
His caption read, “The first session after lockdown be like… @cheteshwar1 I hope you will go for the ball pujji.” It will be interesting to see now if Pujara also comes up with a response to his skipper.
Here is the post:
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) May 5, 2020
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Once we knew Virat Kohli was going to miss the last three Tests, Cheteshwar Pujara was the big wicket for me: Pat Cummins
- ‘Rock of Rajkot’ – Wishes overflow as modern-day wall Cheteshwar Pujara turns 33
- India-Australia Tests would be tough for Cheteshwar Pujara, reckons Glenn McGrath
- India vs Bangladesh, 2019: 2nd Test, Day 1 – Milestones for Pujara and Kohli, Ishant’s rare 5-fer at home, Bangladesh’s collapse and more stats
- India vs South Africa, 2019: 2nd Test, Day 1 – Mayank’s rare achievement, Kohli-Rahane pair’s milestone, Pujara’s Test sixes and more stats