Yes. At last, we will hear the sound of the fans cheering vociferously from the stands in India. We will see them supporting their favorite side, and chanting their favorite player’s names. For the second Test between India and England at Chennai, it has been confirmed that the stands can be filled up to 50 percent capacity.
Also, another good news is, the three stands which have been under dispute for almost a decade, will be opened up for the crowds. The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) has warned that strict action will be taken against all those people who violate the Covid protocols.
The TNCA, on 8th February 2021 released an official statement regarding the matter, and the same was signed by the secretary RS Ramasaamy. “Strict disciplinary action will be initiated by authorities against all persons violating covid & security protocols,” read the release that was also signed by Ramasaamy.
An 8-point guideline for the second Test
Also, the TNCA has officially released a formal 8-point guideline that should be compulsorily followed by the spectators who turn out for the second Test at the MA Chidambaram stadium. The following are the guidelines to be followed:
- Face mask, covering mouth and nose, is mandatory for entry into the stadium and maintain social distancing within the stadium premises at all times.
- Persons showing any symptoms of COVID 19 like Fever, Cough, Cold etc will be denied entry into the stadium.
- Prohibited items include: Bags, jholas, brief cases, radios, laser pointers, digital diaries, laptops, computers, tape recorders, recording devices, binoculars, remote controlled devices, inflammable material, musical instruments, speakers, professional / video cameras, crackers, food and beverage, bottles or any item that could be used as a weapon, cause damage / injury and / or compromise public safety and security.
- Promotional / commercial material, ambush marketing in any form, banners & flags displaying patented commercial logos, which in the Association / Organizer view may conflict with the rights of any Official Sponsor of the match will not be allowed into the stadium.
- Smoking, alcohol and Illegal substances such as narcotics is prohibited.
- Spectators are cautioned not to indulge or display anti-racist, religious, or political activities, foul/abusive/unruly language inside the stadium, that could disturb the game and such persons will be dealt with in accordance to the law.
- Spectators are not to deposit / handover any of their belongings with any Security Guard / Officials or other Personnel at the gates.
- Spectators are advised not to dishonour National Flags or National symbols and those found to do so will be handed over to the Police.
The second Test between India and England will start on February 13 2021 with the visitors looking the favourites to win the opening game of the series.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- India vs England: Wasim Jaffer predicts the hosts’ probable playing eleven for first T20I
- Eoin Morgan is for England, what MS Dhoni used to be for India: Graeme Swann
- India vs England: Virat Kohli confirms Team India’s openers for the first T20I
- Virat Kohli picks favourites for T20 World Cup 2021
- India vs England: VVS Laxman predicts the hosts’ playing XI for the first T20I