India and three other nations have presented their bids for the next edition of the men's Hockey World Cup. India has already hosted this tournament thrice. They want the tournament to be organized between January 13 to 29, 2023. Belgium and Malaysia have also expressed their willingness to host the tournament. Their preferred slot is July 1 to 17, 2022.
Apart from that five other nations have presented their bids to host the next edition of women's Hockey World Cup. Germany, Spain, and the Netherlands want to organize the tournament from July 1 to 17, 2022. On the other hand, Malaysia and New Zealand want to organize the tournament on January 13 to 29, 2023 slot. International Hockey Federation's CEO Thierry Weil said it was great to see that so many countries have shown their interest to host the tournament.
After thoroughly examining the bids, the apex body will declare their decisions on 8 November 2019.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle