India and three other nations have presented their bids for the next edition of the men's Hockey World Cup. India has already hosted this tournament thrice. They want the tournament to be organized between January 13 to 29, 2023. Belgium and Malaysia have also expressed their willingness to host the tournament. Their preferred slot is July 1 to 17, 2022.
Apart from that five other nations have presented their bids to host the next edition of women's Hockey World Cup. Germany, Spain, and the Netherlands want to organize the tournament from July 1 to 17, 2022. On the other hand, Malaysia and New Zealand want to organize the tournament on January 13 to 29, 2023 slot. International Hockey Federation's CEO Thierry Weil said it was great to see that so many countries have shown their interest to host the tournament.
After thoroughly examining the bids, the apex body will declare their decisions on 8 November 2019.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR) all-time best XI in IPL history
- 5 most underrated innings for India in the 21st century
- ‘It’s unfinished business’ – Steve Smith not content with Australia retaining the Ashes
- What if MS Dhoni leads the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side instead of Virat Kohli?
- A Lethal Pace Trio- Pakistan’s biggest opportunity in England?