The Rising Indian star shuttler Lakshya Sen successfully progressed to the men’s singles pre-quarterfinals after a tough challenge from Finland’s Eetu Heino at the SaarLorLux Open Super Tour 100.
Lakshya, who had defeated Heino during his journey to his title win at Belgian International in September 2019, overpowered the Finnish player 21-18, 18-21, 22-20 in a 56-minute second round match during this Wednesday night.
The eighth seeded Indian, who had won his maiden BWF World Tour title at the Dutch Open early this month, is facing Lars Schaenzler from Germany next. Lakshya, who is just 18-year-old hailing from Uttarakhand had received a bye in opening round.
Indian shuttlers, BM Rahul Bharadwaj and Mithun Manjunath also reached pre-quarterfinals with straight game wins.
Mithun has beaten Malaysia's Chong Yee Han 21-15, 21-14 to play against England's fifth seed Toby Penty. Meanwhile, Rahul has defeated Germany's Kai Schaefer 21-13, 21-15 and is going to face Ireland's Nhat Nguyen in the next match.
Another Indian shuttler, Kiran George has faced Joran Kweekel from Netherlands on Thursday.
Women’s doubles pair of Pooja Dandu and Sanjana Santosh, the fifth seeded Indians, who got a bye in the first round, is playing against doubles pair of Julie Finne-Ipsen and Mai Surrow from Denmark for a place in the quarters.
Vaibhaav and Prakash Raj, the men's doubles pairing, is facing the fourth seeds pair of Alexander Dunn and Adam Hall from Scotland.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘Batters should be given warning twice or thrice’- Smriti Mandhana opines on Mankading law
- ‘Not such a great sight’ – Rohit Sharma expresses concern over Delhi violence
- Nathan Lyon pulls off a stunner at short mid-wicket to dismiss Callum Ferguson
- ‘Mr. President, who is the trump card of RCB?’ – Franchise turns Donald Trump’s speech into a funny meme
- ‘I will take legal measures’- Javed Miandad lambastes PSL show for ‘disrespectful impersonation’