Indian shuttlers Kiran George and Lakshya Sen has successfully proceeded to the quarterfinals of SaarLorLux Open Super Tour 100 on Thursday night. They were playing men's singles.
Lakshya, who had won maiden BWF World Tour title at the Dutch Open during the early October, easily beat his opponent Lars Schaenzler from Germany. While Kiran defeated Joran Kweekel from Netherlands 21-14, 21-16 last eight.
Next, Lakshya, will face Max Weisskirchen from Germany and the Junior National champion Kiran will take on Christo Popov from France in the quarter-finals.
On Wednesday night, Lakshya, an 18-year-old hailing from Uttarakhand, had beaten Finland's Eetu Heino after getting a stiff challenge in the second round.
Earlier as well, the eighth seeded Indian had defeated Heino on way to his title win at Belgian international in September. He has stunned the Finnish shuttler 21-18, 18-21, 22-20 in second round 56-minute match.
Nevertheless, it was the end of journey for Mithun Manjunath and BM Rahul Bharadwaj. The two Indian shuttlers lost in the pre-quarterfinals.
Mithun failed after fighting 21-15, 19-21, 11-21 against the fifth seeded Toby Penty from England. In the meantime, Rahul clashed and lost 18-21, 14-21 to Nhat Nguyen from Ireland in 42-minute. Mithun had beaten Chong Yee Han from Malaysia 21-15, 21-14 in an earlier match and Rahul defeated Kai Schaefer from Germany 21-13, 21-15 before entering the pre-quarterfinals.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘In the 2008 IPL final, CSK team meeting led by MS Dhoni lasted for 2 minutes’ – Parthiv Patel
- ‘How good is the series’ – Shane Warne says he can’t wait to watch season 5 of Money Heist
- ‘I use the street in front of my house for running’ – Sarfaraz Ahmed working hard to stay fit
- Bangladesh winning the U19 World Cup is the best thing to have happened to the world of cricket in 2020
- ‘Tu idhar udhar aggresion dikhata hai na, abhi Australia ke khilaf dikha’ – MS Dhoni to Sreesanth ahead of T20 WC 2007 semi-final