KXIP lost their fifth consecutive game of the season after KKR pulled the things back in a stunning fashion to win the contest. Abu Dhabi’s pitch was slow and KKR batsmen played with a lot of maturity in the first innings. Dinesh Karthik and Shubman Gill scored the fifties as they managed to score a decent total of 164.
While chasing, KXIP fell short of the target by just two runs or we should say two inches. KXIP needed 7 runs off the last ball and Glenn Maxwell slammed an exciting shot towards the cover region, the ball fell 2 inches short of a six and KXIP lost the game. However, more than those two inches, it was the surprising decision making and the approach which led them to a shocking defeat.
Here are the three mistakes committed by KXIP in match 24, KXIP vs KKR:
1. Not capitalizing the amazing start with the ball
KXIP started exceptionally well and dismissed three important batsmen in the first 10 overs. KL Rahul should have continued putting pressure to restrict KKR to a below-par total. However, he didn’t bring his strike bowler, Mohammed Shami or the in-form youngster Arshdeep Singh into the attack. Dinesh Karthik utilized the opportunity and played an amazing innings to take KKR to a decent total.
2. Both the openers played with a low strike rate
KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal stitched a brilliant partnership to take KXIP closer to KKR’s total. However, their strike rate was quite lower than the required scoring rate. The game which was looking like a one-sided affair with KXIP having all the 10 wickets in hand was changed dramatically after Agarwal got out, as the required rate was too high for new batsmen.
3. Sending Simran Singh before Glenn Maxwell
When KXIP lost Nicholas Pooran, they needed 21 runs off 16 balls. The situation was tricky and required an experienced batsman to come in and take responsibility with skipper KL Rahul. However, KXIP made a blunder as they sent Simran Singh, a youngster instead of Glenn Maxwell. Simran consumed 7 balls and scored only 4 runs. Though Maxwell was not in a great form, sending a rookie player before a T20 giant was quite a surprising call.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- IPL 2020: Match 46, KKR vs KXIP – Gayle’s match winning knock, End of KXIP’s losing streak vs KKR and more stats
- Who is Sanjana Ganesan? Know these 6 interesting facts about Sanjana Ganesan
- New Zealand vs Australia: James Neesham gifts jersey with hilarious message to Glenn Maxwell
- Twitter Reactions: Aaron Finch-inspired Australia thrash New Zealand in 4th T20I to keep series alive
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today