Ishant Sharma, the Indian fast bowler, has been ruled out of the upcoming Test series against Australia, starting December 17 at the Adelaide Oval. The speedster was earlier omitted from the first two Tests after he injured himself during the 2020 Indian Premier League (IPL). The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), has also taken a call on Rohit Sharma.
Rohit was also left out of the first two Test matches, and a decision on him will be taken after an assessment on December 11. Both Ishant and Rohit were undergoing rehabilitation at the National Cricket Academy (NCA).
BCCI releases a detailed update on Rohit and Ishant Sharma
After Virat Kohli, in the pre-match press conference of the first ODI, said that there’s been lack of clarity on their matter, the BCCI issued a clarification. The Indian board released a statement, saying-
1. Mr Rohit Sharma – He is presently undergoing rehabilitation at the NCA. Mr Rohit Sharma’s next assessment will be conducted on December 11th following which the BCCI will have clarity on his participation in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar Trophy in Australia.
Mr Rohit Sharma had to come back to Mumbai after the IPL to attend his ailing father. His father is now recuperating well and that has allowed him to travel to the NCA and start his rehabilitation.
2. Mr Ishant Sharma – Ishant has recovered completely from his side strain injury sustained during IPL 2020 in the U.A.E. While he’s building up his workload in order to achieve Test match fitness, Mr Ishant Sharma has been ruled out of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
Rohit got injured during the double Super Over match against Kings XI Punjab following which he missed a few matches. However, he came back in Mumbai Indians’ last league game and also scored a match-winning half-century in the final against the Delhi Capitals in Dubai.
Apart from Rohit and Ishant’s development, the BCCI also added T Natarajan to the ODI squad. Navdeep Saini developed back spasms owing to which Natarajan was roped in. Earlier, the left-armer got his maiden call-up in the T20I squad after some superlative performances for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Nobody in the BCCI knows who asked Rohit Sharma to head to the NCA: BCCI source
- Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma ruled out of first two Tests against Australia
- India vs England, 2021: Third Test, Day 1: Axar Patel’s flurry of records, Rohit Sharma’s milestones, new heights for Ishant and more stats
- Team India cricketers get a hero’s welcome after historic Test series win in Australia
- AUS vs IND, 2020-21: 4th Test, Day 5 – India’s record chase, India breaches the fortress, Pant’s record knock and more stats