Saina Nehwal and Lakshya Sen are looking to perform their best when leading the Indian challenge at the SaarLorLux Open Super Tour 100 tournament. The tournament has already begun on Tuesday, 29th October 2019.
Saina, the London Olympic bronze medalist and also who has claimed the Indonesia Masters in January before going through a tough phase, is hoping to grab another title to boost her self-confidence when she against Germany's Fabienne Deprez.
This 29-year old badminton player shattered a hat-trick of exits from first-round after she reached the quarters at the French Open in the last week. She is aiming to continue her run in the tournament, where she has been given the top billing.
Meanwhile, Lakshya Sen is aiming at his third title of this season after he has won the Belgian international and Dutch Open titles. He also has reached to Polish Open title.
The eighth seeded Indian received a bye in the opening round and has begun against the winner of first round match between Eetu u Heino and Elias Bracke.
Amongst other Indian players Mithun Manjunath, Kiran George and Rahul Bharadwaj are also in the line.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘Batters should be given warning twice or thrice’- Smriti Mandhana opines on Mankading law
- ‘Not such a great sight’ – Rohit Sharma expresses concern over Delhi violence
- Nathan Lyon pulls off a stunner at short mid-wicket to dismiss Callum Ferguson
- ‘Mr. President, who is the trump card of RCB?’ – Franchise turns Donald Trump’s speech into a funny meme
- ‘I will take legal measures’- Javed Miandad lambastes PSL show for ‘disrespectful impersonation’