Mohun Bagan beat George Telegraph by 4-0 margin on Sunday to claim the top spot in Calcutta Football League’s points table. Now the Mariners have 11 points from six matches. Mohun Bagan scored their first goal in 16th minute when VP Suhair headed a floater from Lalramchullova. Next goal was scored by Spanish striker Salva Chamorro.
In the second half the Mariners looked a bit vulnerable as George Telegraph’s Joel Sunday and Justice Morgan infiltered the former’s box couple of times. But then Mohun Bagan scored again, extending the lead to 3-0, this time with the help of Nongdomba Naorem. The last goal of the Mariners was scored by Francisco Gonzalez.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR) all-time best XI in IPL history
- 5 most underrated innings for India in the 21st century
- ‘It’s unfinished business’ – Steve Smith not content with Australia retaining the Ashes
- What if MS Dhoni leads the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side instead of Virat Kohli?
- A Lethal Pace Trio- Pakistan’s biggest opportunity in England?