Mohun Bagan beat George Telegraph by 4-0 margin on Sunday to claim the top spot in Calcutta Football League’s points table. Now the Mariners have 11 points from six matches. Mohun Bagan scored their first goal in 16th minute when VP Suhair headed a floater from Lalramchullova. Next goal was scored by Spanish striker Salva Chamorro.
In the second half the Mariners looked a bit vulnerable as George Telegraph’s Joel Sunday and Justice Morgan infiltered the former’s box couple of times. But then Mohun Bagan scored again, extending the lead to 3-0, this time with the help of Nongdomba Naorem. The last goal of the Mariners was scored by Francisco Gonzalez.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Stuart Broad, James Anderson react to model walking the ramp wearing pads
- South Africa announce their squad for T20I series against Australia; AB de Villiers still absent
- ‘Goodbyes don’t get easier with time’ – Anushka Sharma leaves hubby Virat Kohli in New Zealand with a heavy heart
- ‘My dream has now been fulfilled’ – Navdeep Saini gears up for New Zealand Tests
- Eoin Morgan will be Kolkata Knight Riders’ trump card in IPL 2020, believes Harsha Bhogle