The Bengal Warriors beat Patna Pirates by 35-26 points in Pro Kabaddi League at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium on Thursday. Warriors captain Maninder Singh scored 10 points. With the fifth win in nine games, Warriors moved to second place with 33 points. On the other hand, this was Patna's sixth loss in the last nine matches. Their captain Pardeep Narwal scored 12 points. But he did not get adequate support from the rest of his team members.
"I was worried about our defence and I was proved right. It is impossible to do well in such a competitive tournament if only one player (Pardeep) performs and doesn't get any support from either the raiders or the defenders. Pardeep was brilliant but others have thoroughly disappointed.", said Pirates coach Rammehar Singh after the match.
The first half of the game was quite even as it ended on 15-14 points. But in the second half Warriors began to attack the Pirates aggressively. Warriors coach Ramesh BC said, "I am sure the boys will maintain their form and end the season on a high note."
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- IPL 2021: Top 5 batsmen with highest individual scores in IPL history
- IPL 2021: Top 5 batsmen with most fours in IPL history
- WI vs SL: 2nd ODI, Match Prediction – Who will win today’s match?
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – The warhorse India needs the most in 2021
- Hemang Badani not pleased with Varun Chakravarthy after the spinner fails to clear fitness tests ahead of the England T20Is