The Bengal Warriors beat Patna Pirates by 35-26 points in Pro Kabaddi League at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium on Thursday. Warriors captain Maninder Singh scored 10 points. With the fifth win in nine games, Warriors moved to second place with 33 points. On the other hand, this was Patna's sixth loss in the last nine matches. Their captain Pardeep Narwal scored 12 points. But he did not get adequate support from the rest of his team members.
"I was worried about our defence and I was proved right. It is impossible to do well in such a competitive tournament if only one player (Pardeep) performs and doesn't get any support from either the raiders or the defenders. Pardeep was brilliant but others have thoroughly disappointed.", said Pirates coach Rammehar Singh after the match.
The first half of the game was quite even as it ended on 15-14 points. But in the second half Warriors began to attack the Pirates aggressively. Warriors coach Ramesh BC said, "I am sure the boys will maintain their form and end the season on a high note."
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Poonam Yadav’s brilliance will give India huge confidence: Mithali Raj
- We fell for Poonam’s plan hook, line and sinker: Alyssa Healy
- PSL 2020: Match 2, Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi – Yet another fifty for Babar Azam, Karachi’s rare win over Peshawar and more stats
- New Zealand vs India: Ajinkya Rahane and Rishabh Pant get involved in a mix-up resulting in the latter getting run-out
- PSL 2020: Karachi Kings head coach Dean Jones clarifies franchise CEO Tariq was using the phone in the dug out