As the India tour of Australia is progressing, the injury concerns don’t seem to stop for both the teams. Many of the players were already ruled out of the tour due to different injuries, and Rishabh Pant and Ravindra Jadeja felt like new additions. However, journalist Boria Majumdar came up with a tweet that stated Rishabh Pant has dealt well with injury scare and will be able to bat again for India in the second innings.
During the third day of the Sydney Test, Pant sustained an elbow injury on Pat Cummins’ delivery. He was immediately given medical attention on the field and went for scans later. He didn’t even come up to keep wickets for India while Australia came to bat in the second innings, and Wriddhiman Saha was seen filling in his shoes. However, it has been cleared that he hasn’t entertained any significant injury and is doing fine now.
Boria Majumar’s update on Rishabh Pant
Breaking in what should come as some relief for India @RishabhPant17 s scans show no major damage. He is in pain but should be able to bat on day 5. He is being treated for the injury. Watch 5@5 @SportsTodayofc for more.
— Boria Majumdar (@BoriaMajumdar) January 9, 2021
Pant came up at no. 6 for India and stitched a 53 runs partnership with Cheteshwar Pujara, and left the field after scoring 36 runs. Pant was dismissed by Josh Hazlewood while he edged a ball to the slip section, where David Warner made no mistake in catching it. Pant had faced a lot of criticism during the first innings for putting up an ordinary display of wicketkeeping. He left many catches and dropped debutant Will Pucovski twice.
After putting up a great show in the first innings, Australia left a good total for India to chase. However, the Indian side got wrapped at 244 runs and handed a god 94 runs lead to the hosts. With that being done, hosts walked once again with the bat and attained a 197 runs lead by the end of day three. Though they lost two wickets early, Steve Smith and Marnus Labuschagne steadied their ship with an unbeaten stand of 68 runs.
Australia clearly seemed to dominate the day three, and it will be a thing to see as to how India gains momentum on day four of the Sydney Test.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘A century would have been good for his confidence’ – Shubman Gill’s father opens up on his son’s terrific knock at Brisbane
- Ravi Shastri delivers a special speech after historic series win in Australia; credits each and every member of team India contingent
- ‘You are playing for India, put your life on the line’ – Ravi Shastri reveals his golden advice before final day’s play at Brisbane
- AUS vs IND, 2020-21: 4th Test, Day 5 – India’s record chase, India breaches the fortress, Pant’s record knock and more stats
- Here’s how World Test Championship points table looks like after India’s historic Test series win in Australia