S Sreesanth, the tainted Indian fast bowler, couldn’t make the cut for the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction, scheduled to take place in Chennai on February 18. The 38-year-old registered himself in the auction at a base price of INR 75 lakhs, but he couldn’t attract any of the franchises.
The Kerala speedster last played in the IPL back in 2013, representing Rajasthan Royals (RR). Previously 1114 cricketers threw their hat in the ring for the auction. The same has now been reduced to 292 players, out of which 164 are Indians.
“A total of 1114 players had registered for the auction, of which the franchises shortlisted the candidates and the list was pruned. Maybe, Sreesanth did not attract the franchises for some reason,” one of the franchise officials was quoted as saying to Sportstar.
S Sreesanth in a jolly mood
In the meantime, Sreesanth hasn’t shown many signs of disappointment by any means after missing out on the final list of cricketers. He uploaded a video on his Instagram handle where he expressed gratitude to his fans and supporters, for being with him through thick and thin.
Sreesanth said that he hasn’t lost hopes by any stretch of the imagination and would be putting in the hard yards to stage a comeback.
Here’s the video:
View this post on Instagram
Earlier, before the 2021 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, where he played five matches, Sreesanth said that he had communication from various IPL franchises. In the T20 tournament, he picked up four wickets.
“I am not looking only at Mushtaq Ali but also to win Irani and Ranji. If I do well, I will get more opportunities. I have been getting inquiries for IPL, too, and I have to make sure that I am fit and bowling well,” he stated.
The seamer also vowed to move ahead in his career with dignity if the fortunes don’t favour him in the 2021 auction for the IPL.
“Certainly. It gave me great pleasure to be among the 13 shortlisted players from Kerala after all these years but my pursuit will not stop if there are no takers for me,” Sreesanth, previously, said.
Source: The source of this content is our cricket news platform Crictracker.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- ‘He’s got a little bit of a technical issue’ – VVS Laxman on Shubman Gill being under pressure after low scores against England
- ‘I feel sorry for your parents’ – Rohan Gavaskar shuts down a fan who trolled him over nepotism
- India vs England, 2021: 4th Test, Day 1 – Virat Kohli creates new milestone, Ravi Ashwin’s feat, Axar Patel’s record and more stats
- ‘Ben Stokes gave me gaali’ – Mohammed Siraj reveals the reason behind heated exchange between Virat Kohli and England star
- ‘Ideally from the non strikers end’ – Wasim Jaffer on how England batsmen should face Axar Patel and Ravi Ashwin