The game of cricket has the provision of dismissing a batsman in various ways. Some of them are traditional ones like bowled, caught, run out and stump. While some other modes are non-traditional like timed out, handling the ball and similar ones. However, things become funnier, when a traditional mode of dismissal happens in hilarious ways.
One such dismissal was seen during the Hampshire’s match against Sussex in the ongoing T20 Blast. Sussex batsman Laurie Evans was dismissed in a manner that can only be called a moment of lapse from him, as Hampshire keeper Lewis McManus completed a Dhoni-like runout.
Evans gets run out, as he forgets the ball is still with the keeper
Sussex was batting first and in the 10th over of the match, leggie Mason Crane bowled an over spinning delivery, which pitched on the leg stump and spun sharply enough to beat the batsman and keeper McManus collected it well around his shoulders, as the batsman regained his balance after being beaten in the flight.
31-year-old Evans probably thought that the wicketkeeper had missed the ball and had no idea where she went. Instinctively, he decided to go for a run and left his crease, only to be run out by McManus, who was alert to the opportunity, had collected the ball in his right glove and whipped the bails off and appealed for the dismissal, which was granted by the umpire.
Laurie Evans looked perplexed by the mode of his dismissal and went back to the pavilion for 15 runs off 12 balls.
Here is the video of the dismissal
👀 WOW WOW WOW 👀
— Vitality Blast (@VitalityBlast) July 24, 2019
Sussex managed to dominate the Hampshire bowlers as opener Philip Salt top-scored for Sussex with 73 runs from 46 deliveries and David Wiese hit an unbeaten 44. Rashid Khan rocketed the score to 188/6 in 20 overs thanks to 22 runs in just 7 balls. Hampshire were reduced to 18/3 but tried to rebuild via Rilee Rossouw. However, the wickets kept tumbling, as they were 91/6 in 12 overs, and then Rossouw was forced to retire hurt after being hit on his head.
His 60 off 38 balls and McManus’ 32 off 15 balls went in vain as they were bundled out for 174 and lost by 14 runs.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Vitality T20 Blast 2019: South Group, Sussex vs Hampshire: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- England need to manage exciting Jofra Archer’s workload, says Shoaib Akhtar
- KIA Women’s Super League, 2019: Match 20, Lancashire Thunder vs Loughborough Lightning: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- KIA Women’s Super League, 2019: Match 19, Western Storm vs Southern Vipers: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- KIA Women’s Super League, 2019: Match 18, Surrey Stars vs Yorkshire Diamonds: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update