ICC announces the ODI rankings after the 2019 World Cup
- England and New Zealand players have moved up in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s ODI Player Rankings after featuring in an exhilarating ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 final at Lord’s on Sunday.
- The latest rankings update, which takes into account performances from the semifinals and the final, sees players from either side reach personal bests during the last two stages.
BCCI to float applications for India’s head coach, Ravi Shastri will have to reapply
- Following a dominating run in the league stage of the 2019 edition of the World Cup, India couldn’t survive the heat in the all-important semi-final.
- The Men in Blue are next scheduled to tour the West Indies in August for a T20I, ODI and Test series.
Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan rested for ODI series, Anamul Haque and Taijul Islam in
- The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has recently announced their 14-man squad for the three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka.
- The matches are scheduled to be played on July 26, 28 and 31 at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.
World Cup 2019: ICC responds to overthrow controversy in the final
- The 2019 World Cup final was a witness to some jaw-dropping display of cricket by hosts England and New Zealand at the Lord’s.
- However, the match was also marred by a bit of a controversy, which took place in the last over of the allotted 100 overs.
ICC World Cup 2019: New Zealand still coming to terms with the overthrow rule
- New Zealand missed out on winning the 2019 World Cup agonizingly as England pipped them on superior ‘boundary count’.
- The match at the Lord’s in London went into the Super Over, which got tied after Martin Guptill was run out by a long way
Before facing final ball from Trent Boult, Ben Stokes remembered Mushfiqur Rahim
- There was some India connection in England all-rounder Ben Stokes’ thought process when he was batting against New Zealand in the thrilling finale of the 2019 World Cup at Lord’s.
- England were left to score three runs off two balls after the lucky deflection and then after Adil Rashid got run out in the penultimate ball.
Shreyas Iyer wants to share dressing room with the likes of Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni
- After the shock exit from the ICC World Cup 2019, Indian cricket could witness a transition.
- A number of members of the squad came under scrutiny following the semi-final debacle as India lost to finalists New Zealand by 18 runs
World Cup 2019: New Zealand didn’t lose the final, reckons Kane Williamson
- New Zealand played their second consecutive World Cup at the Lord’s. After the defeat to Australia in 2015, the Black Caps ran England close in 2019.
- However, in the end, the Kiwis couldn’t get over the line at the iconic venue. The game was tied in the 100 overs with both teams, scoring 241 each.
- (Read more about the story)
After disheartening 2019 World Cup final loss, New Zealand coach Gary Stead asks ICC to review rules
- New Zealand’s heart-breaking loss in the final of the cricket World Cup 2019 against England is something that their supporters are yet to overcome.
- The Kiwis had two ties with England in the scheduled 100-over game and the Super Over following it but yet lost the clash because they had hit less boundaries than England
Prithvi Shaw in doubt for the upcoming West Indies Test series
- As the World Cup 2019 came to a close and England were crowned as the newest World Champions, the focus now shifts to other series and the start of the ICC’s ambitious World Test Championship.
- The Ashes. On the other hand, semi-finalists India will take on West Indies in August as a part of the same Championship
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- Tri-Nation U19 Tournament 2019, Match 11: India Under-19s vs Bangladesh Under-19s: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- Unlucky cricketers’ XI among current players
- Windies vs India: Washington Sundar joins Mashrafe Mortaza in a unique T20I record
- Tri-Nation U19 Tournament 2019, Match 7: India Under-19s vs Bangladesh Under-19s: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update