Rumours of rift between Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma termed ‘absolute nonsense’
- Whenever teams fail to deliver as per expectations, theories of an inner rift in the unit take centre stage.
- The same has happened with India as well after they crashed out of the tournament in the semi-final by losing to New Zealand by 18 runs.
Jimmy Neesham’s high school coach passed away after the all-rounder hit a six in the Super-Over of WC Final
- England and New Zealand played out the most thrilling World Cup final ever at Lord’s on July 14.
- Both the teams scored 241 runs in their allotted 50 overs and the match went to the super over.
Virat Kohli will have ‘absolutely no say’ in selection of new head coach
- After India’s semi-final exit versus New Zealand in the 2019 edition of the World Cup, the team management is set to undergo a few changes.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has floated applications for seven posts.
Dinesh Karthik unlikely to be picked for West Indies ODIs; might be the end of the road in the format
- Karthik was picked ahead of Rishabh Pant as the second wicket-keeper in the World Cup squad but he eventually got to play as a specialist batsman.
- Now, with his ordinary outings, it seems the team management has its plan to look beyond him, just as it done in Tests last year.
I had no role in picking Imam-ul-Haq in the team: Inzamam-ul-Haq
- Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has announced his decision to step down as the chief selector of the Pakistan cricket team.
- Inzamam had taken over as the chief selector in 2016 following his coaching stint with Afghanistan and the highest point during his stint was Pakistan winning the Champions Trophy in 2017.
- (Read more about the story)
Waqar Younis lashes out at senior players for Pakistan’s debacle in World Cup
- Former Pakistan captain Waqar Younis has taken a strong dig at his country’s senior players saying they continued to play well past their prime, making the team suffer as a result.
- The 47-year-old asked the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to not to make compromises on fitness and form to avoid debacles.
MS Dhoni can play until the 2020 T20 World Cup, says childhood coach Keshav Banerjee
- There has been a lot of speculations going around surrounding when the legendary MS Dhoni will say goodbye to international cricket.
- Though at the age of 38, Dhoni hasn’t yet run out of gas, he is a pale shadow of his glorious self.
Trent Boult tenders apology for ‘letting everybody down’ in World Cup 2019 final
- He was one of the central figures of the eventful final of the Cricket World Cup played at the iconic Lord’s between England and New Zealand last Sunday.
- Trent Boult misjudged a catch from Ben Stokes and he landed on the boundary rope with the ball in his hand in the penultimate over of the match.
Time to look ahead of MS Dhoni as India’s wicketkeeper, believes Gautam Gambhir
- Over the last few days, there have been talks about MS Dhoni’s position in the Indian team after their semi-final exit from the 2019 World Cup.
- At the age of 38, Dhoni won’t be travelling with the Indian team for the tour of the West Indies, which is scheduled to get underway on August 3.
Ian Chappell reveals the struggles during his battle with skin cancer
- Ian Chappell, the legendary Australian cricketer, recently revealed that he is battling skin cancer.
- But he foresees to be fit to commentate for the high-voltage Ashes 2019 campaign, scheduled to get underway in the first week of August.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- I wouldn’t have allowed it to escalate, says Team India head coach candidate on how he would solve Rohit-Kohli rift
- Fake FB Wall: Rohit Sharma feels Kapil Dev fell in Virat Kohli’s trap while selecting the head coach
- Windies vs India, 3rd ODI: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- Twitter Reactions: India take a 1-0 lead courtesy Virat Kohli ton and Windies collapse
- Windies vs India ODI series: India Predicted XI