Solomon Mire is the second player to retire from international cricket after Zimbabwe Cricket suspended
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended Zimbabwe Cricket. The reason for the same is the failure to fulfil the obligation of not ensuring government interference in its administration.
- Shashank Manohar, the ICC chairman, said what happened in Zimbabwe in ‘serious breach’ of the ICC Constitution
Inzamam-ul-Haq bagged over 60 million Pakistan Rupees as salary during his 3-year stint as chief selector
- Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has decided to step down as the chief selector of his country’s cricket team.
- After the Men in Green failed to win their last few bilateral series besides ending short of the knock-out phase in the recent cricket World Cup, the Pakistan Cricket Board decided against renewing Inzamam’s contract and he took the decision not to continue either.
Rameez Raja suggests a complete rejig of Pakistan’s cricket system after World Cup debacle
- Pakistan team’s ICC World Cup 2019 performance was both lauded and criticized. The Sarfraz Ahmed-led side failed to make it into the final four, as they were beaten on Net Run Rate by New Zealand.
- Pakistan needed India and New Zealand to beat England in their last league matches, but unfortunately, England beat both and went onto become the World Champions.
Ajinkya Rahane’s poor run of form in County Cricket a concern for India
- After a gruelling campaign in the 2019 World Cup, Team India is set to resume playing Test cricket in the West Indies in August.
- It means some of their Test specialists will make a comeback, one of the mainstays in the Test side Ajinkya Rahane, is currently plying his trade for Hampshire in the County Championship Division 1.
BCCI shocked as CoA asks Virat Kohli and Ravi Shastri on WAGs travel
- The Committee of Administrators (CoA), appointed by the Supreme Court, has recently asked Indian captain Virat Kohli and head coach Ravi Shastri to decide on a travel schedule of WAGs.
- The issue has been a bone of contention for quite some time now and another matter surrounding it has come to the fore.
Waqar Younis reminisces about Sachin Tendulkar’s first Test as the little master is inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- The Little Master and arguably the greatest batsman ever to play the game, Sachin Tendulkar was inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame recently.
- He was accompanied by former South African pacer Allan Donald. Tendulkar was recently in England, enjoying his commentary stint with Star Sports, the official broadcaster during the ICC World Cup 2019.
Virat Kohli to lead India across three formats in West Indies, says report
- Ever since reports of a rift between India captain Virat Kohli and his deputy Rohit Sharma have surfaced, people were worried a lot about the team’s condition.
- There was also speculation that the Indian cricket board could split the national captaincy and make Rohit the skipper in the limited-over formats while allowing Kohli to do the job in the longer format.
It’s not just captains but the entire team will face music for slow over-rates now, reads ICC’s statement
- International captains often find themselves at the receiving end when their teams fail to maintain the over rates on time.
- However, they are set to get some relief as the International Cricket Council (ICC) has now decided to take some other route of penalty.
Decision to retire should be on MS Dhoni himself, reckons Virender Sehwag
- MS Dhoni’s retirement from international cricket has turned out to be a hot topic for discussion over the last few months.
- He didn’t have the greatest of outings in the 2019 World Cup by any means. It has now been learned that he won’t be travelling to the West Indies for the ODI and T20I series.
Why Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid were inducted into ICC Hall of Fame before Sachin Tendulkar?
- Apparently, it seems an injustice but actually, it is not. Former batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar was on Thursday inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame for his exemplary services to the game of cricket.
- Former South African fast bowler Allan Donald and Australian woman cricketing icon Cathryn Fitzpatrick were also inducted in the prestigious club.
The crowds around England are more knowledgeable than most parts of the world: AB de Villiers
- On his Middlesex debut, former South African cricketer AB de Villiers had a dream outing.
- But also, he might have made a slightly controversial comment after his match-winning knock.
ICC suspends Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect
- The ICC has suspended Zimbabwe Cricket as its full member with immediate effect. The apex body took the decision during its annual meeting in London on Thursday.
- The International body decided that Zimbabwe Cricket was in breach of Article 2.4 (c) and (d) of the ICC Constitution.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- After returning from army duty, MS Dhoni dons the politician role
- MS Dhoni batting higher in World Cup semis could’ve made things different, feels Virender Sehwag
- 5 cricketers who are loved and hated equally
- Team India is no one’s personal property: Manoj Tiwary on MS Dhoni’s retirement speculations
- MS Dhoni spotted at Leh Airport after completing his 15-day stint with Indian Army