Imran Khan promises a new look Pakistan team for the next World Cup
- The Pakistan team faced a lot of criticism for their performance in the ICC World Cup 2019, as they failed to make it into the semi-finals.
- The team started off badly in the tournament as they were bundled out for 105 runs by Windies in their opening match.
Kumar Dharmasena concedes erring in awarding vital runs to England; denies Ben Stokes wanted to withdraw overthrow runs
- It was another World Cup final for Kumar Dharmasena but this time, he hadn’t seen the best of days.
- The former Sri Lanka spinner, who is a top umpire in world cricket now, was slammed for awarding six runs to England after a throw from New Zealand’s Martin Guptill went for four overthrow runs after hitting the bat of a diving Ben Stokes at Lord’s on July 14.
Reports: Team management asks MS Dhoni to keep playing until Rishabh Pant is ready to take over
- The Indian team for the upcoming tour of West Indies was announced recently.
- It was also mentioned by the BCCI chief selector MSK Prasad that MS Dhoni had made himself unavailable for next two months. The veteran looks to serve the parachute regiment he is a part of.
Three cricketers from Rajasthan make it into Indian team for the first time ever
- The BCCI, on Sunday, July 21, announced the Team India squads for the upcoming tour to the West Indies which begins from August 3.
- The tour will see the two teams clashing in 3 T20Is, 3 ODIs, and 2 Test matches.
Mahela Jayawardene likely to apply for Team India’s head coach position
- The tenure of India’s coaching staff led by the head coach Ravi Shastri has been extended for the upcoming West Indies tour.
- But the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has invited applications for all the coaching positions.
India’s T20I series with Zimbabwe in jeopardy
- Zimbabwe cricket has fallen into an abyss of darkness as the International Cricket Council (ICC) suspended the nation from international cricket with immediate effect.
- This not only ended a few careers of the players but has also put a question mark before some of the future series that the team is scheduled to play in.
Reports: Saif Ali Khan’s son Ibrahim Ali Khan aiming to play for India
- Saif Ali Khan’s daughter Sara Ali Khan expectedly joined Bollywood and is doing well in her early days in the industry.
- One would now expect for his son Ibrahim Ali Khan to also do the same as it is in his genes.
Reports: MS Dhoni not retiring now but told he’s no longer in scheme of things
- Ace India wicketkeeper-batsman MS Dhoni might have kept the cricketing fraternity on toes about his probable retirement but it was reported that the selectors have decided to move on even if the former hasn’t decided to call it a day.
- According to reports, the 38-year-old cricketer has ruled out retirement for now but he has also been told that he is no more in the scheme of things.
From earning Rs 200 per match to getting picked in the Indian team, Navdeep Saini has come a long way
- Navdeep Saini is the name doing rounds ever since the Indian Premier League (IPL) this year.
- He featured in the tournament for the first time under Virat Kohli‘s captaincy and shocked a batsman like Shane Watson in the opening game itself with his pace.
Are Pakistan going for split captaincy for different formats?
- After the 2019 cricket World Cup finished, teams that failed to make it count have started contemplating ways to revive their fortunes.
- Former champions Pakistan, for instance, failed to make the semi-finals despite making a late surge in their performances and now sources indicate the team could go for split captaincy for different formats.
MSK Prasad defends call on Ambati Rayudu but BCCI official counter questions
- Chief selector MSK Prasad met the press in Mumbai on Sunday to announce the Indian squads for the upcoming West Indies tour.
- Virat Kohli will lead India in all the three formats in the Caribbeans during the month-long tour.
Army chief Bipin Rawat permits MS Dhoni to train with paramilitary regiment
- MS Dhoni might have succeeded or failed with the bat but he is never too far from making headlines.
- The ace India wicketkeeper-batsman recently made himself unavailable for the upcoming tour to West Indies because of his commitment to paramilitary forces.
Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi to play Muttiah Muralitharan in film ‘800’
- Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi is set to play former Sri Lanka spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan in a film titled ‘800’, according to a report in a website.
- The title of the film is after the number of wickets the former off-spinner has in Tests and the tally makes him the most successful tweaker in red-ball cricket which is 92 more than the second position-holder Shane Warne.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- Rating top 10 best captains of all time
- Rating the 10 best captains of all time
- After returning from army duty, MS Dhoni dons the politician role
- MS Dhoni batting higher in World Cup semis could’ve made things different, feels Virender Sehwag