Pakistan need a star management to move forward, says Shoaib Akhtar
- Former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar hasn’t had a happy mood this summer, thanks to his country’s premature exit from the cricket World Cup held in England and Wales.
- The Men in Green made a valiant comeback towards the end of their campaign but the poor start had left far great damage than they could make up.
Mohammad Amir announces retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect
- Mohammad Amir was going through a rather torrid time in his international career.
- Owing to his indifferent run of form, he couldn’t cement his place in the Pakistan team.
Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif shouldn’t be allowed to play for Pakistan again, says Rashid Latif
- And now, Rashid Latif, another former Pakistan captain, and wicketkeeper, has come up with a controversial opinion.
- According to him, the banned duo of Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif should not be allowed to play in the national team again.
Reports: Mike Hesson to apply for the position of India’s head coach
- Mike Hesson, the former New Zealand coach, is set to apply for the role of the Indian cricket team’s head coach.
- Meanwhile, the last date of application for the post on July 30 with Shastri getting a direct entry in the interview.
Ashes 2019: Cricket Australia names 17-man squad for the high-voltage series
- David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, and Steve Smith made it to the squad for the first time since the shambolic ball-tampering saga that turned their career over.
- Uncapped Michael Neser was also picked and he’ll have Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Peter Siddle and James Pattinson for the company in the fast bowling department.
Windies vs India: Cricket West Indies name Chris Gayle in the 14-member ODI squad
- Moreover, Chris Gayle has got a historic record in sight which he will be looking to break.
- The 39-year-old currently has got 10,393 runs under his belt in the ODI format.
Man fined Rs 25,000 after he petitioned high court to ban IPL auction
- In an interesting turnout of events, a man filed public interest litigation (PIL) challenging the auctioning of cricketers in the IPL.
- However, the Delhi High Court didn’t seem to be impressed with his petition.
Pakistan great Zaheer Abbas makes a bold statement on skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Sarfaraz Ahmed, the Pakistan captain, has been on the cosh for quite some time now.
- Before the World Cup, he didn’t have a pleasant time with the national team, especially in the ODI format.
Is there any rift between Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma? bowling coach Bharat Arun responds
- As far as Arun is concerned, he needs to re-apply for his position in Indian cricket’s support staff.
- The last date of application is July 30. Meanwhile, Virat is set to lead the national team in the Test, ODI and T20I series against the Windies, starting August 3.
MS Dhoni doesn’t need protection, he’ll protect the citizens: Army Chief
- MS Dhoni, the legendary Indian cricketer, won’t be a part of the national team for the tour of the West Indies,
- Rishabh Pant will be India’s number one wicketkeeper from now onwards. Meanwhile, Dhoni will now be serving his nation, this time as army personnel.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Mohammad Amir reveals the tactics he used to dismiss Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli in 2017 Champions Trophy final
- Top 10 cricket controversies of 2020
- After returning from army duty, MS Dhoni dons the politician role
- MS Dhoni batting higher in World Cup semis could’ve made things different, feels Virender Sehwag
- 5 Crucial series Team India will play under Ravi Shastri in his second stint as head coach