BCCI rescues Mohammed Shami after seamer’s initial US visa rejection
- Mohammed Shami, the Indian fast bowler, has been dealt with a number of challenges over the last few months, mostly due to his tussle with wife Hasin Jahan.
- However, he has been able to revive his cricketing career and is now set to tour the West Indies where he is a part of the two-match Test and three-match ODI series.
Gautam Gambhir, Kapil Dev hail MS Dhoni’s decision to serve Indian Army
- Former India captain MS Dhoni has taken a two-month break to train with the Indian Army, thereby making himself unavailable for the upcoming tour of the West Indies.
- While ace cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle has taken an indirect dig at Dhoni’s sabbatical saying the ageing cricketer’s priorities have changed, former cricketers Kapil Dev and Gautam Gambhir have praised the ace wicket-keeper saying his action will inspire the youth to serve the country.
Ashes 2019: ECB announce England’s 14-man squad for the first Test
- The top three – Jason Roy, Rory Burns, Joe Denly – which struggled against Ireland to a large extent have also been retained.
- Olly Stone was impressive in his debut Test and has been rewarded with a place in the Ashes squad.
Jofra Archer went through ‘excruciating pain’ during the 2019 World Cup
- Jofra Archer was fast-tracked into the England team for the recently concluded World Cup. And the decision paid rich dividends as he went on to become the Brits’ leading wicket-taker in the tournament.
- He was lethal with the new ball and was also effective at the death. Moreover, he bowled the famous Super Over that took the Three Lions to glory in the Final at the Lord’s.
Jack Leach, Sam Curran and Tim Murtagh gain big in the latest ICC Test rankings
- Following the conclusion of the one-off Test at Lord’s on Friday, England and Ireland players have moved up in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Test Player Rankings.
- England players Sam Curran and Jack Leach have made significant gains in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings after a 143-run victory over Ireland in their one-off Test at Lord’s even as they prepare to host Australia for the Ashes series starting on Thursday.
Right process was followed, says ICC on Kumar Dharmasena’s controversial overthrow call in World Cup final
- However, even he admitted that it was an error in judgement from him in the middle and also went on to say that he doesn’t regret the decision.
- The two batsmen hadn’t crossed each other while taking the second run when the throw came and the hosts should’ve been given only five runs.
Shoaib Akhtar slams Mohammad Amir for hanging his boots from Test cricket
- Mohammad Amir, the Pakistan fast bowler, had an excellent run in the World Cup and was undoubtedly his team’s standout performer.
- But soon after the mega event in England and Wales, the 27-year-old made a startling announcement of retirement from Test cricket.
Ashes 2019: Mark Waugh and Shane Warne shocked by Alex Carey’s omission
- Matthew Wade, who hasn’t played a Test for almost a couple of years, was selected as a backup wicket keeper for Tim Paine, also the Australian Test skipper.
- Wade has been outstanding though in recent times. Quite expectantly, the decision to leave out Carey has shocked a few Aussie greats.
Are they communicating enough with players over selection decisions? India selectors under scanner
- The selectors are already facing the heat following India’s exit from the recent cricket World Cup in the semi-finals after losing to New Zealand closely.
- Their selection of certain players came under questioning and even their calls over excluding players like Shubman Gill for the upcoming West Indies tour were criticised by many.
CoA chief Vinod Rai rubbishes Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma rift reports, says they are media creations
- It was also reported that there could be a split in India’s captaincy with Kohli carrying on in the Tests and Rohit taking over in the limited-overs.
- The board though refused to get too much into the story. On Friday, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) that runs the BCCI addressed the issue for the first time.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Windies vs India ODI series: India Predicted XI
- Vitality T20 Blast 2019: South Group, Essex vs Hampshire: Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Update
- Mohammad Amir’s wife Narjis shuts down her husband’s critics with a stern tweet
- Mickey Arthur says that he saw Mohammad Amir’s Test retirement coming
- After Mohammad Amir’s Test exit, PCB makes mandatory for stars to play domestic cricket