Chief selector MSK Prasad reacts to Sunil Gavaskar’s criticism
- The current Indian selection committee led by former wicketkeeper MSK Prasad has come under all sorts of criticism.
- While it is being slammed over team selection at one time, on other occasions, the members’ own playing experience at the international level comes under scrutiny.
Tom Moody and three other prominent names apply for Team India’s head coach role
- Shastri will be in the Caribbean when the interview process gets underway and is likely to do the presentation over Skype.
- It was Anil Kumble who had pipped Shastri to become the coach but he did not last long and Shastri replaced him the next year.
Shakib Al Hasan joins the Rangpur Riders for upcoming Bangladesh Premier League
- Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh all-rounder, is set to join the Rangpur Riders in the 2019-20 edition of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
- The same was announced in a press conference held by the franchise.
Swansong for India cricketer Venugopal Rao
- He was once considered a promising batting talent and played a few games for India as well.
- Y Venugopal Rao finally decided to hang up his boots on Tuesday after playing the game for 19 years.
Shane Warne offers to help European Cricket League grow after Pavel Florin steals headlines
- Romanian cricketer Pavel Florin became an overnight Internet sensation recently when he came up with an ultra-amateurish bowling action.
- The 40-year-old all-rounder’s bowling action in the game played at La Manga, Spain, left the social media in splits.
Harbhajan Singh questions negligence of Punjab government after his Khel Ratna nomination is rejected
- Harbhajan has 417 Test and 269 ODI wickets and is one of the best off-spinners the world has ever seen.
- He was also part of Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings’ IPL winning sides.
Post suspension, Zimbabwe cricketers are ready to play ‘for free’ to keep sport alive in country
- Zimbabwe has been suspended from the international cricket fraternity by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on charges of government interference in their cricketing affairs.
- They have also been notified to set things in order within an October deadline failing which the African side could find its membership suspended.
Ben Stokes reveals that he didn’t ask the umpires to take back runs from the controversial overthrow
- England finally realized their dream of winning the 50-over World Cup as they defeated New Zealand in the finals of the recently concluded mega event on basis of boundary count.
- This happened because for the first time in ODI World Cup history, the final ended in a tie and then the ensuring Super Over also ended in a tie.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- After returning from army duty, MS Dhoni dons the politician role
- MS Dhoni batting higher in World Cup semis could’ve made things different, feels Virender Sehwag
- 5 Crucial series Team India will play under Ravi Shastri in his second stint as head coach
- BCCI reduces S Sreesanth’s life ban to seven years
- Windies vs India: Ravi Ashwin could miss out from the playing XI for the first Test