It was the most disappointing match of my entire career, says Shoaib Akhtar on 2003 CWC encounter against India
- But when it comes to the World Cup, the Men in Blue remain unscathed and have got the better of their arch-rivals every time.
- India had chased down 274 with more than four overs to spare on the back of Sachin Tendulkar‘s superb 98-run knock.
Steve Smith inches closer to Virat Kohli in Test rankings after twin Ashes tons at Edgbaston
- Following the conclusion of the Edgbaston Test, players from England and Australia rise in the charts after the latest update to the rankings.
- Australia’s Steve Smith has gained one place to reach the third position among batsmen while spinner Nathan Lyon and fast bowler Pat Cummins are among the others to gain in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings after the Edgbaston Test.
Brendon McCullum announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- Former New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum, on Monday, announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- The legendary cricketer also confirmed he will no longer be part of the Euro T20 Slam.
Windies vs India: Kieron Pollard fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct
- West Indies all-round Kieron Pollard has been fined 20% of his match fee and handed one demerit point for breaching Level One of the ICC Code of Conduct during India’s second T20I game against the West Indies in Florida.
- Pollard was found to have breached Article 2.4 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to disobeying an Umpire’s instruction during an international match.
You always challenged batsmen to bring their A-game: Sachin Tendulkar to Dale Steyn
- As Dale Steyn announced his retirement from the longest format of the game on Monday, tributes started to pour in for perhaps the best fast bowler to emerge from South Africa.
- The right-hander enjoyed tremendous success in his 15-year red-ball career and ended up with 439 wickets in 93 Tests, leaving everyone wanting for more.
Test cricket will always miss you, Jasprit Bumrah pays tribute to Dale Steyn
- South Africa’s highest wicket-taker in Test cricket Dale Steyn announced his retirement from the format on Monday.
- Injuries in recent time have possibly been the reason behind his decision to call time, as he wants to extend in a career in the limited-overs format in international cricket.
Reports suggest Indian Sports Ministry not to provide South Africa team visas until BCCI obeys NADA rules
- It seems like the BCCI and the Indian sports ministry are on a warpath as the Indian cricket board has continuously refused to adhere to the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) regulations.
- The issue of BCCI refusing to let NADA test the players is not a new one, as it has been an ongoing issue for some time now.
Duleep Trophy 2019-20: BCCI appoint Shubman Gill as captain of India Blue; squads finalised
- India’s 2019-20 domestic season is all set to get underway with the Duleep Trophy which will be played from August 17 to September 8.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the squads now and in an exciting step taken, Shubman Gill has been named the skipper of India Blue side.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Twitter Reactions: India inflict lacklustre Windies with a 3-0 whitewash in Guyana
- You always challenged batsmen to bring their A-game: Sachin Tendulkar to Dale Steyn
- Test cricket will always miss you, Jasprit Bumrah pays tribute to Dale Steyn
- Ravi Ashwin remembers one of Dale Steyn’s vicious deliveries to Michael Vaughan
- A true champion of the game, says Virat Kohli after Dale Steyn hangs his boots in Tests