Global T20 Canada 2019: Former Pakistan cricketer Mansoor Akhtar approaches Umar Akmal for match-fixing
- The second edition of the Global T20 Canada has been marred with the fixing controversy.
- The former Pakistan cricketer Mansoor Akhtar has been alleged to have approached Umar Akmal for fixing.
Gautam Gambhir hasn’t lost faith in Rohit Sharma – The Test batsman
- There’s absolutely no doubt that Rohit Sharma has been one of the most dynamic Indian batsmen in the limited-overs formats.
- However, his Test career hasn’t flourished by any means. After making his debut in the longer format back in 2013 at his favorite Eden Gardens in Kolkata, the Mumbaikar has played only 27 matches in which he has churned out 1,585 runs with three tons and 10 fifties.
Windies vs India: Rishabh Pant breaks MS Dhoni’s record as Indian wicketkeeper in T20Is
- With an eye on the T20 World Cup 2020, India locked horns with West Indies in the 3-match T20I series.
- The team management tried its best to give chances to the young players to showcase their mettle and the youngsters repaid the faith in a fabulous manner, helping the men-in-blue to convincingly whitewash the West Indies team.
Sri Lanka vs New Zealand: Hosts announce 22-member preliminary squad for Test series
- With an aim to revive the fading glory of Tests, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided to start a two-year-long Test championship.
- This has come in order to provoke interest in the fans’ minds since no match would now be a dead rubber.
Peshawar Zalmi crowned as the most valuable PSL franchise
- Peshawar Zalmi emerges as the biggest franchise in terms of brand value for the fourth consecutive year, Peshawar Zalmi is the number 1 franchise in terms of brand value according to Nielsen Sports.
- Peshawar Zalmi, the finalist in the last 3 editions of the PSL, garnered a brand value of $40.5 Million Dollars evaluated by Nielsen.
PCB looking for a foreign coach to replace Mickey Arthur
- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) today announced it will be immediately undertaking a robust recruitment process after it decided not to renew the contracts of head coach Mickey Arthur, bowling coach Azhar Mahmood, batting coach Grant Flower and trainer Grant Luden.
- The PCB Cricket Committee, which met on Friday, were unanimous in their recommendations for the change.
I won’t retire just because selectors haven’t picked me: Manoj Tiwary
- Manoj Tiwary is one of those cricketers for whom both fitness and fate deserted them when they needed them the most.
- Tiwary was on his way of becoming one of the permanent members of the Indian team after his brilliant show against West Indies in 2011 at home.
Sikandar Raza blasts ICC as they replace Zimbabwe in T20 World Cup qualifiers
- Even before the Zimbabwe players could recover from the blow of seeing their cricket board getting suspended by the ICC, they received another big blow from the apex body of the game.
- The financially-struggling Zimbabwe Cricket was suspended by the ICC last week on the ground of political intervention.
“OUCH”- Kane Williamson remembers with pleasure the pain Dale Steyn gave him once
- Dale Steyn is a kind of bowler, who can swing the leather at sheer pace. He has ruffled a number of batsmen and even Sachin Tendulkar, the former Indian cricketer, said that Steyn was among the best bowlers, he ever faced.
- Steyn has now hung his boots from Test cricket and many cricketers from around the globe would be relieved that they won’t have to face him anymore in red-ball cricket.
Harbhajan Singh slams BCCI for serving Conflict of Interest notice to Rahul Dravid
- Echoing Sourav Ganguly’s sentiments, veteran spinner Harbhajan Singh has slammed Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) Ethics Officer after Rahul Dravid became the latest name to find himself in Conflict of Interest controversy.
- The BCCI’s Ombudsman-cum-Ethics Officer, Justice (Retd) DK Jain, sent a notice to Dravid after receiving a complaint from Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) life member Sanjeev Gupta.
Virat Kohli deeply saddened by Iron Lady Sushma Swaraj’s demise
- On August 5, 2019, the abolition of Article 370, which gave special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir, took place.
- The entire nation rejoiced as the Narendra Modi-led Indian government put forth the historic decision at the Rajya Sabha.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Steve Smith trumps Kane Williamson to reclaim second spot in ICC Test rankings
- Harbhajan Singh comes out in Manoj Tiwary’s support after the latter’s outburst
- Steve Smith inches closer to Virat Kohli in Test rankings after twin Ashes tons at Edgbaston
- Shoaib Akhtar picks the world’s best batsman among the Fab Four
- 5 cricketers whose careers were shortened because of MS Dhoni