Afghanistan Cricket Board suspends Mohammad Shahzad for an indefinite period
- On Saturday, Afghanistan Cricket Board suspended wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad for breaching ACB’s code of conduct.
- Shahzad didn’t obey his cricket board’s policy of taking permission before travelling out of the country.
Uncapped Rahkeem Cornwall, Shamarh Brooks in Windies squad for India Test series
- Windies have announced their 13-man squad for the upcoming Test series against world number one Team India.
- Both the teams are currently locked in the three-match ODI series. The first game of the series was washed out and the teams will now lock horns in the penultimate match of the series in Trinidad on Sunday (August 11).
CAC to meet coaches for final round of selection post Independence Day
- There is a renowned saying, “Tomorrow never comes.” Well, the selection of head coach seems to be never-ending hunt by the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC).
- There has been a lot of postponements and now there is another twist in the tale.
Tamim Iqbal requests for a break from cricket; likely to miss tri-series and one-off Test against Afghanistan
- Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal has requested his board for a break from the game of cricket.
- If approved by the board, the 30-year-old will miss the upcoming T20I tri-series in September vs Afghanistan and Zimbabwe; one-off Test against Afghanistan.
I have been fortunate to play for a few IPL teams: Ross Taylor
- India’s cash-rich league – Indian Premier League has changed the lives of many cricketers around the world.
- Not just Indian cricketers, but overseas cricketers also deem themselves fortunate to be a part of the top T20 league.
Coaches in demand for next cricketing season
- The 2019 World Cup recently came to a close with England winning the mega event, defeating New Zealand in the final at the Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- The post-World Cup campaign has already started. Even as India and the Windies are locking horns in a bilateral series, the high-voltage Ashes is also taking place between Australia and England.
IPL: Along with Mike Hesson, KXIP parts ways with the coaching staff
- Mike Hesson, earlier this week, parted ways with the Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) and confirmed the news by putting up a message on his official Twitter handle.
- Many were surprised with this move as the former New Zealand head coach was expected to complete his two-year contract at the helm with the franchise.
Reports: Misbah-ul-Haq likely to become Pakistan’s new head coach
- On August 2, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) committee met in Lahore and made the decision to revamp the entire coaching staff.
- It meant that head coach Mickey Arthur, bowling coach Azhar Mahmood, batting coach Grant Flower and trainer Grant Luden, were relieved of their services to the national team.
It grabbed my attention the way IPL did, says Shane Warne on The Hundred
- The former Australia cricketer Shane Warne is excited about the upcoming The Hundred after being appointed the head coach of London Spirits.
- He is looking forward to building the team from scratch and is expected to find success just like he did with the Rajasthan Royals in the inaugural edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Suresh Raina undergoes knee surgery in Amsterdam; ruled out of action for 4-6 weeks
- The Indian cricketer Suresh Raina underwent knee surgery in Amsterdam on Friday.
- He was suffering from a niggling knee problem since last season and going under the knife just before the start of India’s domestic season might rule him out of the first half.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Players who might not be retained in IPL 2021 auction
- ‘We were just a little timid in our approach’ – Brendon McCullum on KKR’s dismal batting against RCB
- IPL 2020: Navdeep Saini leaves Gautam Gambhir embarrassed after the latter criticises Virat Kohli
- IPL 2020: Match 39, KKR vs RCB – Siraj’s record spell, KKR’s collapse, Lowest 20-over total and more stats
- IPL 2020: Match 39, KKR vs RCB – Match Impact Ratings