Windies vs India: Virat Kohli hits back at critics after being targeted for not picking Rohit Sharma in Antigua Test
- The Indian team came into the two-Test series in West Indies with a lot to prove.
- The first Test of the series played at the Sir Viv Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua was the inaugural one for both teams in the newly minted ICC World Test Championship.
ICC Test Championship: Here’s why India got 60 points by winning a Test vs Windies while England got only 24 after beating Australia
- The international Test itinerary which kicked off post the ICC World Cup 2019 is an interesting one.
- Although teams are playing opponents in various corners of the globe, their series are all integrated since a specific point system is being followed in these games.
Supported by Virat Kohli Foundation, Tennis Player Sumit Nagal set to play against Roger Federer in US Open
- India’s Tennis player Sumit Nagal will play the first Grand Slam match of his career at the US Open on Tuesday.
- He won three qualifying matches to earn the berth in the main draw and will play against one of the best in the world, Roger Federer.
Arjun Tendulkar picked in Mumbai squad for Bapuna Cup; set to play under Suryakumar Yadav
- Sachin Tendulkar‘s son Arjun Tendulkar continues to make steady progress in his career.
- He impressed many with his all-round skills in the Mumbai T20 League earlier this year and now has been picked in the Mumbai squad for Bapuna Cup.
ICC hands life ban to two Hong Kong cricketers
- Hong Kong players Irfan Ahmed and Nadeem Ahmed have been banned from all cricket for life, whilst teammate Haseeb Amjad has received a five-year ban after the ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal found them guilty of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- During the hearing, the Tribunal heard evidence that all three players fixed or contrived to fix matches, failed, for reward, to perform and failed to disclose approaches to fix during a number of international fixtures across a two-year period.
It’s upto Australia players to help Nathan Lyon overcome the disappointment: Ricky Ponting
- Australia came very close to taking an unassailable lead in an Ashes in England after a while but failed to find the nails even after having the opponents in the coffin.
- Having set a target of 359 f0r the hosts in the third Test at Leeds, Tim Paine’s side took all but one wicket and that saw the Three Lions levelling the series 1-1 after having lost the first Test at Edgbaston by 251 runs.
Managing Jasprit Bumrah’s workload is most important: Virat Kohli
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli was singing praises for frontline pacer Jasprit Bumrah. The speedster returned to the team post a short break after the World Cup 2019.
- The pacer had a scratchy first innings but came back brilliantly to demolish Windies in the second innings.
Former England batsman Nick Compton picks his all-time XI
- Nick Compton, former England opener may be the most despised player on Twitter given the number of tweets he has made criticizing the Indian players and their performances.
- His messages on the social media forum have made him public enemy no.1 for the Indian fans in general, something which he seems to enjoy.
DRS got that completely wrong, says Ben Stokes on his LBW shout off Nathan Lyon
- England won an absolute thriller of a game at Headingley to stay alive in the ongoing Ashes series.
- Ben Stokes played a blinder of a knock and won them the match from an unbelievable position.
After the game at 8 PM, Jack Leach takes his teammates on to the pitch to re-enact ‘the greatest-ever single’
- It has been all Ben Stokes ever since he helped England get over the line on a crazy Sunday afternoon at Headingley.
- His unbeaten 135 is being touted one of the best Test knocks on par with Kusal Perera’s 153* earlier this year in Durban against South Africa.
Ian Chappell slams Tim Paine for DRS blunder, says Aussie skipper lost his brain
- More than Ben Stokes winning the 3rd Ashes Test for England, it were Australia who lost it, helping the hosts level the series 1-1.
- When Nathan Lyon dismissed Joe Root, Australia could sense claiming the Ashes but that was not the case.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Ben Stokes has won the battle against Virat Kohli: Graeme Swann
- India vs England, 2021: 4th Test, Day 1 – Virat Kohli creates new milestone, Ravi Ashwin’s feat, Axar Patel’s record and more stats
- ‘Ben Stokes gave me gaali’ – Mohammed Siraj reveals the reason behind heated exchange between Virat Kohli and England star
- ‘It all seemed a bit childish to me’ – Graeme Swann opens up on Virat Kohli-Ben Stokes brawl
- India vs England: Virat Kohli and Ben Stokes involve in furious exchange before umpire intervenes