Virender Sehwag predicts the winner of World Test Championship
- The ICC World Test Championship kicked off on August 1 with the first Ashes Test at Edgbaston.
- India had their first match under the championship against the West Indies in Antigua which they won comprehensively by 318 runs.
Jasprit Bumrah breaks into the top 10 in the ICC Test bowlers’ rankings
- Ben Stokes’s heroics to win England the Headingley Test have taken him to No.2 on the MRF Tyres ICC Test Rankings for All-rounders.
- Jasprit Bumrah has also made it into the top 10 in Tests in bowlers’ rankings after his five-wicket haul in the second innings against the Windies in Antigua.
West Indies veteran Cecil Wright to retire from cricket at the age of 85
- The West Indian pacer has been around since the time of Gary Sobers, Wes Hall, Garfield Sobers and Sir Vivian Richards.
- Wright has outdone such greats of the game by longevity and has now finally decided to call time on his illustrious career at the age of 85.
Windies vs India: Syed Kirmani wants Wriddhiman Saha to replace Rishabh Pant in Jamaica Test
- Wriddhiman Saha, who was India’s regular Test keeper after MS Dhoni hung his boots, recently made his international comeback.
- However, the Bengal cricketer was earlier picked in the squad for the Test series versus the Windies that the visitors are leading 1-0.
Tamil Nadu captain Dinesh Karthik eyes success in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Before becoming a regular feature in the Indian team in the last couple of years, Dinesh Karthik was busy representing his state side Tamil Nadu.
- Time and again, Karthik has reiterated his desire to propel Tamil Nadu to the pinnacle.
Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium to be renamed as Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium
- It is Jaitley who is credited for renovating the stadium, one of the oldest in India, into a modern venue during his stint as the president of the DDCA.
- Jaitley was appointed as the president of the body in which he served for 14 years.
Sri Lanka vs New Zealand: Dimuth Karunaratne to present his motorbike to his brother
- Dimuth Karunaratne has been an inspirational figure for Sri Lanka cricket of late. The southpaw was one of the Islanders’ leading run-scorers in the 2019 World Cup.
- He was making his ODI comeback after a long gap and was made the captain.
Fake Facebook profile takes former Indian cricketer Sandeep Patil by surprise
- Fake accounts on social media platforms- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and many others- have become a rather common phenomenon.
- This time around, it was Sandeep Patil, the former Indian cricketer, who got targeted.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Twitter Reactions: India close in on a memorable win in Melbourne after picking six wickets of Australia in second innings
- BCCI announces India squad for Australia tour
- IPL 2020: Dream11 releases its promotional song ft. Dhoni, Rohit, Hardik, Dhawan, Bumrah and Rishabh
- India vs South Africa, Test series: India’s Predicted Playing XI
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today