BBL 2019-20: Brisbane Heat signs Afghan spin-twin Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Zahir Khan
- The Brisbane Heat has confirmed that Mujeeb Ur Rahman, the Afghanistan spinner, would be returning to the franchise for the 2019-20 edition of the Big Bash League (BBL).
- The 18-year-old tweaker was one of their star performers last season, having picked up 12 wickets at a league leading economy of 6.04.
Steve Smith makes the ugliest hundreds I’ve ever seen: Jonty Rhodes
- Steve Smith doesn’t posses a batting technique straight out of the copybook.
- In a bid to unsettle the bowlers, the right-hander shuffles across a lot in the crease, but the antics have given him loads of success at the highest level.
Michael Vaughan advises ECB not to play Stuart Broad and James Anderson together for workload management
- England managed to win the fifth and final Test of the Ashes 2019 by 135 runs and draw the series 2-2.
- The home team had a good chance of winning the series after their amazing win in the third Test at Headingley in Leeds when Ben Stokes played that magical knock of 135* to take the Brits home while chasing 359 runs and one wicket in hand.
An Australian fan gets inked after losing the Ashes bet by a whisker
- Cricket is quite an unpredictable game and an Australia fan realised it the hard way. Australia might have retained the Ashes after a hard-fought five-match Test series.
- However, they still failed to win the series. For the first time since 1972, the Ashes was drawn level after both the teams won two games each.
Joe Root finds support from Andrew Strauss to continue as England’s captain
- English skipper Joe Root has received a lot of criticism of late due to the mediocre Ashes 2019. In 10 innings, he scored just 325 runs at an average of 32.50.
- Despite getting past the 50-run mark on four occasions, he failed to convert those into big scores and inspire his troops.
Virat Kohli should give consistent run to the Indian youngsters: Sourav Ganguly
- India started their campaign in the World Test Championship (WTC) just after the conclusion of 2019 World Cup held in England.
- After winning series in all the formats in the West Indies, now India is heading for a three-match T20I and Test series against South Africa, but the selection of the team has not impressed former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly.
PSL: PCB incurs loss in millions due to irregularities in the first two seasons
- The popular Pakistan Super League (PSL) has been marred by quite a bit of controversies ever since its inception.
- The shambolic spot-fixing scandal back in 2017, which saw a number of cricketers getting banned, including the likes of Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, is an open secret now.
Dale Steyn has the perfect blue print for a fast bowler: Lungi Ngidi
- South Africa are blessed to have a fast bowler like Dale Steyn up their sleeve for all these years.
- Though most of his recent months are marred by injuries, the fast bowler has done enough for his country with the ball to be regarded as a legend and he’s not done yet.
Virat Kohli brings in a lot of intensity and energy: Mayank Agarwal
- Virat Kohli is an animated character on the cricket pitch.
- The aggression can be seen in his eyes, when he’s in the middle with the bat, and even when he’s marshalling his troops.
ECB Chief Tom Harrison reacts to English daily’s story of Ben Stokes’ family tragedy
- Ben Stokes, the English cricketer whose heroics helped England to win there first-ever World Cup and played a starring role in the recently concluded Ashes looks in no cool mood with a British newspaper that published his family tragedy which took place 30 years ago.
- Tom Harrison, the chief executive of England Cricket Board (ECB) was also not impressed by the front-page story in The Sun tabloid on Tuesday about Ben Stokes.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Dale Steyn has the perfect blue print for a fast bowler: Lungi Ngidi
- Top Stories: Things that made news in the cricket world today
- Dale Steyn all set to play for Kandy Tuskers in LPL 2020
- Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers and Ben Stokes make it a memorable birthday for Ian Bell’s son Joseph
- ‘Tere se lena padega bat’ – Dale Steyn, Rashid Khan, Suryakumar Yadav troll Yuzvendra Chahal on Instagram