IPL 2020: RCB names the support staff for the upcoming season
- The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) is one of the very few teams in the Indian Premier League (IPL) that are yet to get their hands on the coveted trophy.
- The franchise, presently led by Virat Kohli, has qualified for the Final a couple of times, but couldn’t go the distance.
ICC bans Akila Dananjaya from bowling for 12 months due to illegal action
- Akila Dananjaya, a young spinner who has been a consistent member of the Test squad for Sri Lanka has been banned for 12 months from bowling by ICC due to illegal action.
- He has been exceptional with the ball for Sri Lanka in the recent past. In a total of six Test matches, he has picked 33 wickets, at an economy of 3.54.
“I’m the one to be blamed,”- Temba Bavuma after South Africa’s seven-wicket loss to India in Mohali
- South Africa and India are currently battling out in three-match T20I series which is being played in India.
- The first match of the series got washed out due to rain, but in the second T20I India thrashed the visitors by seven wickets.
Steve Smith is a better Test batsman than Indian skipper Virat Kohli, reckons Monty Panesar
- There’s very little doubt that Steve Smith and Virat Kohli are two of the best batsmen in world cricket currently.
- Smith made a staggering comeback to the Australian team in the recently concluded Ashes series.
Delhi squad for Vijay Hazare Trophy announced; Shikhar Dhawan opts out of initial phase
- The Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) on Wednesday announced the squad for the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019.
- Explosive wicket-keeper-batsman Rishabh Pant and impressive paceman Navdeep Saini were also included in the squad.
Shreyas Iyer and Manish Pandey will challenge KL Rahul for India’s No.4 spot: Sourav Ganguly
- KL Rahul was a favourite of the Indian selectors and team management till recently despite not performing on the expected lines.
- The talented batsman’s last Test hundred came over a year ago in England but he somehow continued to get opportunities in all formats.
Ricky Ponting confident of Steve Smith captaining Australia again
- Steve Smith had an Ashes series to remember for generations as he averaged a Bradmanesque 110 and made 774 runs in the seven innings of the four Tests he played.
- Australia retained the Ashes urn, but England, captained by Joe Root, managed to draw the 5-match Test series 2-2 by winning the fifth and final Test at the Kennington Oval in London.
Had he been an Indian, his unique technique would have been accepted: Steve Smith’s coach Trent Woodhill
- Steve Smith has been constantly criticized for his unconventional batting style right from his early days.
- Incidentally, the right-hander had made his international debut as a leg-spinner when Cricket Australia was looking for a replacement for Shane Warne.
SportsInfo offers cricket, soccer, kabaddi, tennis, badminton, racing, basketball and other sports news, articles, videos, live coverage & live scores, player rankings & team rankings. Also, offers minute details of any match along with live commentary.
- Temba Bavuma and Dean Elgar to lead South Africa’s limited-overs and Test sides respectively
- Twitter Reactions: Kieron Pollard smashes Akila Dananjaya for six sixes in an over
- West Indies vs Sri Lanka: Kieron Pollard smacks six sixes in an over against Akila Dananjaya in the first T20I
- South Africa vs Sri Lanka: Temba Bavuma walks off immediately despite not edging the ball
- Cricketing Trends on Social Media today